IGNORED

balancing shaft front seal 2005 R1200RT

mxharris

has anyone have a part number or info on front seal of balancing shaft? mine is leaking and would like to order a replacement, parts guy didn't know the part number....ugh.

thanks,

mike

In response to:

Poster: Satguy

Subject: Re: balancing shaft front seal 2005 R1200RT

WTF?? Is the guy at your dealer too lazy to look it up on ETK?

+1, he should be able to look it up in a few minutes.

thanks for the link, i guess the parts guy was having a bad day. it's a multi line dealer, who knows?

mike

found it! 48x3 o-ring. cheap fix!!!!

That seems to be a real common problem even on newer bikes, and not one that is easy to get to to fix. At least I've heard of it from riders with RTs and GSs. Another final drive/fuel strip scenario?

That seems to be a real common problem even on newer bikes, and not one that is easy to get to to fix. At least I've heard of it from riders with RTs and GSs. Another final drive/fuel strip scenario?

mine started to leak when the weather turned cold, i pulled the cover off and found the o ring to be a bit hard. i ordered the oem from bmw.

if it continues to be problematic i'll experiment with other materials. my bike only has 18k miles on it. esa was junk when i got at 12k. i'll keep changing the fd oil and hope for the best.

We talking about the same balance shaft? I'm talking about the one that is just below the ring-gear/clutch that you have to pull the transmission to get to. That's the one I am replacing while I am in there. It wasn't leaking yet, but I've heard too many horror stories.

Archived