IGNORED

Best Location for R1100RT Quick Disconnects

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

google site search gave me nothing specific.

Looking for the choice locations to put fuel line QDs on my 1100RT. I'd like to do either the reverse mounting, or offset, so that the lines can't get messed up. There isn't a whole lot of real estate so, I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Has anyone shortened one, or both, of the plastic lines to assist with this job?

The plastic lines are part of the fuel pressure regulator - BMW pricing and the need to split the bike to replace.

The 1150 QDs are just forward of the tank electrical connector, above the throttle body and are mounted in reverse configuration.

Andy

Looking for the choice locations to put fuel line QDs on my 1100RT. I'd like to do either the reverse mounting, or offset, so that the lines can't get messed up. There isn't a whole lot of real estate so, I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Has anyone shortened one, or both, of the plastic lines to assist with this job?

Don't shorten the Plastic lines.

Answers as per Andy above and...

Have one set of QD's face one way and the others face the other.

The assembled connectors sit parallel to each other - not staggered.

The QD's are located just forward of the Throttle cable to the RH TB. They lay one above the other and just by the front telelever pivot.

Andy

The plastic lines are part of the pressure regulator manifold. They have flaired tips to keep the hoses on. If you shorten them, you are in danger of having the hoses pop off under high pressure from the fuel pump.

Archived