IGNORED

I am finally working again

Kathy R

I was laid off in Nov 2008 and have been fortunate to wait until the right opportunity appeared. After moving to upstate NY it became apparent that the opportunities would be scaled back from those in Chicago. I've been biding my time for the past 20 months.

I've just signed on as a paid consultant to Ontario ARC. My initial project is helping a dog trainer create and launch activities for our clients involving dogs. There are many directions that we hope to take this, not least of which is teaching some of our clients how to work with and train dogs. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our clients, our community and the dogs that inhabit our area.

Ontario ARC is a not for profit that does an outstanding job helping developmentally challenged people reach their full potential through extensive activities, independent living and career training.

I will look forward to getting Nigel involved. I have enormous flexibility. I'll be riding the Wee a lot in 2011, as planned. 2011 is beginning on a very good note, for me. :) I know that I am a very lucky person.

Congratulations, Kathy! That's great news . . . a paycheck and something that makes a positive difference in peoples' lives. Well done!

Nice n Easy Rider

Very nice Kathy. Getting to help people in need and with dogs even. Sounds like a great job. :thumbsup:

COOL :thumbsup:

Enjoy what you do & you'll never work a day in your life.

Just don't forget to pick up a check every now & again :rofl:

Congrats on the job!!!!

Brings back memories of Acadia N.P. a couple of uns ago......

:rofl:

I had forgotten about that! :grin:

Thank you all for your very kind words.

I know that I am a very lucky person.

And I know that they are a very lucky organization. Congratulations to you and to Ontario ARC. :thumbsup:

Congratulations - a very cool sounding job, plus you get to involve your own job AND take time to ride. Sounds like this was a job worth waiting for - :thumbsup:

Archived