IGNORED

Sailors again.

Bud

Some of you know that my wife, Nancy, is passionate about sailing. We have been boatless for several years now. The highlight of the sailing season for her was a 2 week trip to the North Channel of Lake Huron, the last two complete weeks in July. It is an annual event, kind of a rotating party in that different people are there every year, some old and some new (kind of like the UN). Nancy has been very gracious that during the last several years I've been at the MOA rally which made it difficult to also make it to the North Channel.

Yesterday, we bought a 25' Seaward sailboat (the fourth Seaward we have owned) and in 2011 will be back in the North Channel in July renewing old acquaintances and making some new friends.

I'm very excited for Nancy and also looking forwarding to spending time with her doing something we both enjoy.

With no complaints, if you have a SO that likes to ride, please tell her how much it means to you.

As my Uncle Jerry would say: Fair Winds to us all.

Psssss.......

Interested in a 97RT?

Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw. Nothing quite so nice as a new 'hole in the water'

Enjoy.

Also, I'd love to help you' but I've already got a '97 RT.

Congrats Bud. Did a quick read on the Seaward 25 and it sounds like just the sailboat for the North Channel. I presume you'll tow it back and forth but where will you use it back home? Below decks sounds quite comfy. I've made it as far as Georgian Bay in our (former) stink pot and although Kath lived aboard a stink pot for 3 yrs. her boating experience is sailing on Lake Ontario so boating is in our blood. We find many of our rides are to water destinations including an annual run to Parry Sound for a harbour side fish dinner. Maybe there's another boat in our future too.

We're overdue for a moto run through Manitoulin. Will you spend your 2 weeks underway and/or on the hook or at a marina? Perhaps we'll cross paths somewhere along the channel.

Congrats Bud. Did a quick read on the Seaward 25 and it sounds like just the sailboat for the North Channel. I presume you'll tow it back and forth but where will you use it back home? Below decks sounds quite comfy. I've made it as far as Georgian Bay in our (former) stink pot and although Kath lived aboard a stink pot for 3 yrs. her boating experience is sailing on Lake Ontario so boating is in our blood. We find many of our rides are to water destinations including an annual run to Parry Sound for a harbor side fish dinner. Maybe there's another boat in our future too.

We're overdue for a moto run through Manitoulin. Will you spend your 2 weeks underway and/or on the hook or at a marina? Perhaps we'll cross paths somewhere along the channel.

It would be fun to see you there.

We usually launch in Spanish. Then head east. On the hook but we do stop occasionally in towns for Farquar's ice cream! Of course we have to stop in Little Current going east and heading back west. A stop at the "fish bus" in Killarney is pretty high on the list. The North Channel is so much fun because you can be by yourself (or at least it seems that way) all day long if you wish and still enjoy company at an anchorage, also if you wish, or head out and find a place all to yourself.

This picture is of our Precision 23 going west down Whalesback Channel. We were under the chute for hours on the same tack. One of the many memorable sails we have enjoyed in the NC. The picture was taken by a friend of ours and they were kind enough to send us a copy (and the caption). It's always a nice thing to take pics of other peoples boats and send it to them because it's kind of hard to do it yourself from the boat. :grin:

1294150574.jpg

Our very first NC trip was in our 98 Seaward 25. We have been back several times since. The last time in 2008. Funny how a place can have such an emotional connection. But the sun shines brighter, the food tastes better, people are more friendly and all is well with the world when we are there.

Here is a picture of Covered Portage cove. A short distance from Killarny. The entrance is hidden. The bay is the water at the top of the picture and there is a narrow channel to the cove which is towards the bottom of the pic. We climbed up the hill looking for blueberries.

1294151163.jpg

Archived