IGNORED

UnRally "X" Excited Chatter Thread

Endobob

Sleep pattern interupted, so its offical "UNexcitement" has taken over normal behavior pattern. Woo hoo :thumbsup:

Channel Fever!!

We are rolling first thing in the morning, will be stopping over night to play in Asheville.

Sleep pattern interupted, so its offical "UNexcitement" has taken over normal behavior pattern. Woo hoo :thumbsup:

I know it's a ford but, some

for ya my friend! :wave:

Pat

Fixed!

Packed. Checked air pressure. Checked oil level. Checked lights, controls and indicators. Verified the oil cap is aligned with the slanty side forward. (Makes the bike go faster :grin:)

You ready to leave yet Shawn?

ddh

I know it's a ford but, some

for ya my friend! :wave:

Pat

I'll make sure my wife hears this. :rofl:

Fixed!

Have been so covered up ... couldn't even remember whether I was heading over Sunday or Monday. It's Monday -- called the hotel to check :-)

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Lone_RT_rider
Have been so covered up ... couldn't even remember whether I was heading over Sunday or Monday.

I'm in the same boat, but I did remember it was Monday.

David,

Let's touch base on Sunday, that way I will remember to actually pack. :rofl:

It's been crazy busy at work, but I really am loving it! :)

Lone_RT_rider
Verified the oil cap is aligned with the slanty side forward. (Makes the bike go faster :grin:)

ddh

It may make the bike go faster, but it seals better in the other orientation. Something about the way that plastic face seal is set up in the injection molding process. :)

Shawn

In that case, I'll turn mine around as the final step in getting ready for an 0700 departure!

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

24 hours to launch and the little guy broke his arm last night. Appointment with ortho this morning, we will see how it goes. Break is clean should be no issues.

Popsicle sticks, duct tape, kids first shot of whiskey........hit the road. :)

Hope he's all right

All is well, got it fixed up today Doc has given all clear for travel, I am headed out Saturday morning, family will follow Sunday. 16 hours to launch. I'll be stopping somewhere for the night probably Bedford VA. Probably take the BRP from there to the UN.

Leaving house in VA tomorrow and heading north... wrong direction, I know, but we're going to the Mineral County, WV mud bog races first. This is my first. I've been told to stand very close to the fence :grin: ha, fat chance!

Leaving Sunday morning from norther WV for UN-HQ, should be there later in the day. :thumbsup:

Still need to do ALL the packing, but if I forget something I'll be with family so I know I'll be fine!

UNfamily reunion, here I come!!!

Another great riding day done. This canuck is not used to riding in this heat though. It's even tuning out my 'spider sense', I went and booked a room smack dab in the middle of a dry county in KY. I had to backtrack 15 miles to get me some beer. On to TN tomorrow.

Channel Fever!!

We are rolling first thing in the morning, will be stopping over night to play in Asheville.

channel fever

English

Noun

channel fever (uncountable)

(dated, nautical) the excitement on board ship as she approaches her destination with the prospect of liberty ashore.

(modern, moto) The excitement as the UN approaches with the prospect of hooning in the smokies with friends.

24 hours to launch and the little guy broke his arm last night. Appointment with ortho this morning, we will see how it goes. Break is clean should be no issues.

Popsicle sticks, duct tape, kids first shot of whiskey........hit the road. :)

Hope he's all right

Spoken like a real dad! :thumbsup:

I'll need to remember that. Mine's seven, I'm sure it'll happen soon enough. :eek:

18 hours to launch. (Departing 1 p.m. 8/6)

Tires checked. Oil level checked. Bags packed, will be loaded tonight. Route planned. Accomodations re-checked. Ride buddies confirmed. Grime scraped off bike. Fueling on the way out.

Forgot something? Certainly.Need it? Nah. Now, if I can get a decent nights sleep tonight.....

Bike, clothes, money and time are that are necessary. Lets light this candle! :thumbsup:

With apologies to Peter , Paul and Mary

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I'm standing here outside my door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn

The bike is waiting, it's already warm

Already I'm so happy I'm gonna to fly.

So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go.

(oh, baby, don't let me go!)

I'm leavin' on a flat twin

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh, babe, I can't wait to go.

I'm leavin' on a flat twin

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh, babe, I can't wait to go.

It is all good but those lines rock! :clap::thumbsup:

Nice n Easy Rider

Only 28 hours to blast off. Got a good amount of rain last night and this AM but it looks to be reasonably clear for tomorrow's departure. See everyone soon. :clap::clap:

98 minutes to launch.

Bike is packed, just needs a rider and some go juice.

Too bad I couldn't get to sleep last night. Oh, well, sleep is for the exhausted, not the anxious. :thumbsup::grin:

See you all Sunday.

Lone_RT_rider
Oh, well, sleep is for the exhausted, not :grin: the anxious. :thumbsup::grin:

Aaaahhhh. So that explains why I didn't get up this morning until 8:30. LOL. Ok, time to breath. Work will be there when I get back. It's time to start packing for me!

Wooooohooooo! Here we go! :clap:

Ummmmm Mitch, you out there. ?

:grin:

Karen and I are leaving sometime in the morning. We should arrive at LS early Mon. morning. Looking forward to making some new friends.

We are in Asheville for the night and we just stopped in to see Justin and Thomas and Eurosport Asheville. Good guys, nice dealership too.

Will be in Little Switzerland early and unloaded to ride!

Heading out tomorrow (Sunday) from Canton (west of Asheville). Should be a wet one but at least not in the 90's like we had most of our trip! :thumbsup: See ya' there.

barryNmarin

I pulled into Nashville this afternoon after spending3 days in Oklahoma visiting relatives. Man was I glad to get out of that blast furnace. It was 111F at 5:45 pm yesterday in Durant, OK. I left at 5am this morning just to get out of the state before the heat got too bad. By the way, all of the posted suggestions on keeping cool on the bike have worked very well for me from the cooling vest and LD Comfort undies to the Camelback with ice water and ice filled bandana. I used them all coming across the country. Should roll in tomorrow around 1pm or so. Looking forward to putting some faces with names on the board which I haven't met.

Felt bad all day, and not 'cause of rain. Down with a fever in my little motel in Floyd VA. Hoping it doesn't last the night.

Doubt it will, colleagues were off work only one day this past week. I'll see how I feel in the am. May just sleep in until I can take it no longer, then boogie the last 180 miles down the BRP to LS.

Cheers!

North East Chapter is now in Wellsboro PA. Heading south in the AM. Here is the link to my Spot to follow.....

Hi,

I have a SPOT Messenger. I am sharing my location information with you. Click on the link to see where I am.

Just follow this link to see my location updates:

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1X6TnlNUy5fQnvAzF8S9GJ4HlLfLImZC7

The password is: PARKWAY

If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it to your browser's address bar.

Thanks,

Robert

Chilling in Abingdon, VA this afternoon. Will be leaving first thing in the morning to L/S via KY. See you all tomorrow evening.

Holed up in Bedford ,VA. Got hit hard by rain on the parkway this afternoon. Overall, we still had a great day

Hitting the road to Little Switzerland in the morning. No time schedule and I'm not setting an alarm

DavidEBSmith

Dennis (RatSnake) & I are in Hazard KY about to have dinner at Applebees, taking Lonesome Pine Hwy 70 in to LS tomorrow.

Lone_RT_rider

Oil......check!

Tires.....check!

GPS loaded with routes (3 minutes ago)....check!

Woopy cushion for the Blair witch..... check!

dog fed....check!

cat put out.....check! (wait, I don't have a cat!)

House clean, lawn mowed, laudry done....check!

bag liner packed.....in the morning!

All systems are go! T-minus 18 hours and counting..... :clap:

Y'all keep the light on, the other half of the BRR crew is headed in! Man we have a heck of a crowd for this UN. Amazing!

Shawn

P.S. Whoever follows Mitch tomorrow, don't get too comfortable back there. ;)

In Moorefield WV tonight. Tom K led a heck of a nice ride from Wellsboro Pa Today. He almost got away too! :grin:

Pictureday4409.jpg

Pictureday4410.jpg

Mini tech day in the parking lot. So, whatcha doin Bob? ;)

Pictureday4416.jpg

Fun Day! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hit the road at 8:00 sharp. It's already sticky, even in the mountains, but not too bad when moving.

First stop of the day, at the Franklin McDonalds. It's the usual rural McDonalds confusion over ordering an espresso:

"I'd like an espresso, 2 shots."

[To someone else behind the counter] "Where's the espresso button?"

[Other counter worker rolls eyes, shows where the button is.]

"You don't want anything with it?"

"No, just 2 shots of espresso in a cup."

"Small, Medium, or Large?"

[bang head against counter]

"That'll be $1.60."

That's $1.25 more than my record low price at a McDonalds, which was $0.35 along I-85 in northern North Carolina. When I pointed out that I didn't think the price was right, the little old lady behind the counter said, "Oh, I couldn't possibly charge you more for that little bitty bit of coffee."

OldBMWMaster

Barbie had to work today at 5AM. We are all packed and ready. Plan on hitting the road this afternoon and spend the night with my son, near Mt. Airy, NC. We will see everyone Wednesday afternoon.

The Coastal Carolina BMW Club meeting only had 10 people last night because so many of you are already there.

Bill Murray is likely already on the road this morning.

Don't let Paul Winter drink all the good beer.

A couple of the guys here have already discovered buying growlers of the good stuff from one of the places down by Asheville. A couple who needed new tires got them from a J-brand dealer there yesterday because he new BMW dealership is closed on Mon nd they came back with stuff from French Broad.

There will still be some beer left when you get here.

Am expecting Bill sometime around noon today and will see you and Barbie on Wed

Paul

"Oh, I couldn't possibly charge you more for that little bitty bit of coffee."

I love that! :)

This morning's market price at the nearest McD: $1.07. Wi-Fi at the Switzerland Inn is flaky, so I had to head to the nearest McDonald's for an espresso and internet fix. Also, Tracfones don't work along the BRP (although just a few miles off, I'm getting 5 bars, so at least I know the phone still works).

I was hoping to meet you, but word is that your wrist is still too painful for travel. Healing well is better than healing fast (both are best of all). The usual suspects say hello, Paper Butt.

A yellow jacket stung me on the jaw as I was taking off my helmet yesterday afternoon. Because of my beard, it didn't get in a good dig, but i'm hyper-sensitive to insect venoms, and my jaw is slightly swollen right where the helmet strap crosses it, so I think I'll just lay back today.

Looks like I'm going to have to bail. I just got an email from the wife of my best friend from high school days. He died Sunday; funeral Friday. I'll stick around through today for the free beer, then hit the road for Delaware tomorrow morning.

Archived