IGNORED

Favorite Movie Motorcycle Chase Scenes

cali_beemer

I was just watching the movie, "Fled" and I would have to say the best part of this movie was the scene with the 2 of them on Ducati 916's. While the movie is completely fake by showing a Lincoln town car keeping up with them, its still entertaining. So, whats your favorite movie motorcycle chase scene? or even a motorcycle use inside a movie, doesnt necisarly need to be a chase scene.

The Italian Job with the chase on BMWs. I just noticed the other day when we watched it, that the BMW security bikes were NOT r1100RTP but regular RTs painted black and white.

I would hate to see the clutch on those bikes the way they were screaming them.

My favorite chase scene of all, cars or bikes is the original "Gone in 60 seconds" from the 70s. It was all filmed around my house and in my neighborhood. The director of the movie was also the stunt driver and the writer and the producer. He begged borrowed and stole the money to fund the movie. He filmed without permits at times and just was a wild man that was hell bent on making the film. GREAT MOVIE. Way better than that CG POS with Nick Cage!

If you havent seen the original....go find it, the crashes are often real and unplanned. He takes out a light pole on the 110 frwy in carson that was unplanned and he was filming the scene on the frwy unpermitted and then fled the scene leaving a light pole laying on the road. Another scene he crashes some cop cars into Moran Cadillac on Hawthorne Blvd. in Torrance. It was planned and arranged. He had purchased like 2 cars to crash into, but the chase car was going too fast and took out like 5 new Caddy's and a showroom window that was totally unplanned. The guy was a cowboy and he lived 4 blocks from me.

Skip all the hollywood BS and just watch Dust to Glory and Faster a few times.....

But if I had to pick I would say the Matrix freeway chase was pretty sweet. I met the stuntwoman (Debbie Evans) who did most of the riding and she said a lot of it was the real deal with minimual CGI (slower but still riding into oncoming traffic).....

Skip all the hollywood BS and just watch Dust to Glory and Faster a few times.....

I have seen dust to Glory several times now. Very cool! Netflix has it on their Instant view streaming. I havent seen faster so I will have to check that one out.

But if I had to pick I would say the Matrix freeway chase was pretty sweet. I met the stuntwoman (Debbie Evans) who did most of the riding and she said a lot of it was the real deal with minimual CGI (slower but still riding into oncoming traffic).....

Pretty cool, I have never seen that one.

Seems to me Faster is exactly that; Hollywood bs.

But Dust to Glory is for real. A bit overdramatic with the hokey music and all, Baja doesn't actually have all that music when you are out there, but otherwise good.

I have 2 libraries with a mile of me; they both have copies of Dust to Glory.

dc

Interesting comment, so using actual real race footage is fake to you? I am not talking about that recent release using the same name but rather the motoGP based documentary.....try clicking on the link...

Faster is a great film and so is D2G. I love motorcycle documentary films.

But I think the thread was meant as a more Hollywood MOVIE Chase scene.

Real race footage is different than a movie chase scene.

Why do people sometimes feel the need to change a thread to what THEY think the thread should be about rather than what the OP asked. A person could start their own thread on why race footage documentary films are better than Hollywood CGI movies. Or a thread on which MC footage film is the coolest.

I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet, but the James Bond flick, "Tomorrow Never Dies." Probably some of the best product placement of a BMW product. Prior to seeing that movie I was not really aware that BMW even made motorcycles!

That was awesome. I love that it was 46 years old and still fun to watch. I wish I spoke Italiano.

The dummy on the back of the bike was pretty funny I thought.

The "Goose" on his Kawi KZ1000.....The Road Warrior...

I love the shots of the bike and those in line 4's screaming cylinders!

If you've seen it, what to you think about the smokey burnouts as he speed away from his night out on the town?

Interesting comment, so using actual real race footage is fake to you? I am not talking about that recent release using the same name but rather the motoGP based documentary.....try clicking on the link...

No, just an error. I did my own research, rather than click on your link. Therefore I saw the new one. Clicking on your link, I see what you are talking about. And I agree. That is the one thing that is not fake.

Now, stating an opinion is not changing the thread. It's stating an opinion.

And my opinion is that the new Hollywood stuff is all fake. No real motorcycling, but just snippets of stunts edited together to make what looks like a chase, but in fact is not.

dc

No worries I may have been a bit harsh in my reply, I just find so many errors in the typical hollywood chase scene I rarely bother to watch them, and given the CGI technology these days it is just not a big challenge to make something look way more impressive than it really was....where as Faster and D2G are the real deal!

Thanks for keeping us on topic kmac....clearly 2 movies that were shown in theaters aren't real "hollywood" and off topic because they didn't have Tom Cruise or a similar "star" in them.

"Romeo Must Die" (2000), filmed in Vancouver, B.C. and the bad guys ride a fleet of black BMW R1100GSes.

Also, I'm surprised nobody nominated "Barb Wire" with Pamela Anderson, which everybody flocked to see because the (then) new Triumph Tiger made its debut in that movie, right?

Barb Wire is undoubtedly, the finest 'motorcycle movie' ever produced. :)

Cheers.

Tim

It's not a "favorite" of mine but my local dealer supplied the multiple RT-Ps for the recent "Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" which has some cool bike scenes.

-MKL

Time Rider the Adventures of Lyle Swann

Dirt bike and cowboys, beautiful gunslinger.

"If General Lee had this bike we would've won the war" or words to that effect...

Time Rider the Adventures of Lyle Swann

Dirt bike and cowboys, beautiful gunslinger.

"If General Lee had this bike we would've won the war" or words to that effect...

Nice...I had forgotten all about that movie.....

Magnum Force---Guzzis gone wild.

Electra Glide in Blue==Zipper shoots at the Hippy bikers while riding his HD, and Wintergreen kicks the bike out from under him.,,

classic.

Now those are some Hollywood chase scenes...too funny.

How about Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man....what a horrible flick....

Im gonna go put in "On Any Sunday" and watch some of my hereos.

My first bike.

The "Goose" on his Kawi KZ1000.....The Road Warrior...

I love the shots of the bike and those in line 4's screaming cylinders!

If you've seen it, what to you think about the smokey burnouts as he speed away from his night out on the town?

That goose guy better not buy a BMW....he will murder its clutch... :rofl:

Half way thru that clip he taps the clutch and hammers the throttle and the bike jumps.... :( I miss those days :D

Archived