IGNORED

Odometer/ESA reset locations?

VinnyR11

Why does BMW put the ESA settings, which I adjust maybe once every 2 weeks, within easy reach right by the handgrips, yet the trip odometers are an awkward stretch to the center of the console. The reverse seems like it would be a smarter solution. The best would be to have both within easy reach.

Is there a mechanical reason for this, or maybe I'm missing why the current set up is better?

My guess is that typically ESA adjustments are made on the move (yeah, yeah, not pre-load)so it needs to be within easy reach. Odometer resets are made at the gas station or at the biginning of a trip prior to actually starting to ride so they assume easy access while riding isn't necessary.

My guess is that typically ESA adjustments are made on the move (yeah, yeah, not pre-load)so it needs to be within easy reach. Odometer resets are made at the gas station or at the biginning of a trip prior to actually starting to ride so they assume easy access while riding isn't necessary.

I do the opposite. When not using GPS on longer trips, I'd like to reset my trip odometer fairly often.

Non pre-load ESA settings make too little difference to adjust often IMHO.

I guess it boils down to different users.

Why aren't you complaining about the turn signal setup on that jewel?

After 14 years of complaining I've gotten used to them! ;>)

Archived