IGNORED

Picture that needs a title.

Whip

"Dude, that sucks!"

I have to confess that this photo makes my stomach hurt. I did something similarly stupid to what this guy (or gal) must have done, only it was years ago and involved the prettiest Candy Apple Red ST1100 you can imagine. I was staying in a hotel room with two entrance doors. The back door opened onto a sidewalk that was about 12" higher than the alley pavement below, permitting me to park my ST1100 where I could keep an eye on it.

Well, the sidewalk was plenty wide, so I rode my ST up there, unloaded it, and went into the room. Peering out the window, the ST wasn't exactly where I wanted it, so I went out to reposition it. Somehow, in the process of doing this, I pushed it forward, off the sidestand, and it toppled, literally upside-down, onto the pavement below. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I tried, in total futility, to get the thing upright. About that time, a big, hairy, leather-clad biker dude came strolling down the alley and proclaimed the words that will remain indelibly etched in my brain forever: "Dude, that sucks!"

Since he was huge, he had no trouble in helping me get the ST upright, but it was largely toast. A very big repair bill. Yes, it sucked . . . it really sucked.

"Dude, that sucks!"

I have to confess that this photo makes my stomach hurt. I did something similarly stupid to what this guy (or gal) must have done, only it was years ago and involved the prettiest Candy Apple Red ST1100 you can imagine. I was staying in a hotel room with two entrance doors. The back door opened onto a sidewalk that was about 12" higher than the alley pavement below, permitting me to park my ST1100 where I could keep an eye on it.

Well, the sidewalk was plenty wide, so I rode my ST up there, unloaded it, and went into the room. Peering out the window, the ST wasn't exactly where I wanted it, so I went out to reposition it. Somehow, in the process of doing this, I pushed it forward, off the sidestand, and it toppled, literally upside-down, onto the pavement below. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I tried, in total futility, to get the thing upright. About that time, a big, hairy, leather-clad biker dude came strolling down the alley and proclaimed the words that will remain indelibly etched in my brain forever: "Dude, that sucks!"

Since he was huge, he had no trouble in helping me get the ST upright, but it was largely toast. A very big repair bill. Yes, it sucked . . . it really sucked.

:rofl:

1. See, I told you there was plenty of tread left.

2. Um, honey........

3. Wait, this isn't my house.

4. Seriously, your honor, I was NOT drunk.

5. It's easier to work on this way.

6. On the phone: "Dude, can I borrow your engine lift?"

7. The neighbor to friends at the pub: "You ain't gonna believe this sh!t."

"Spend all night out cavorting around on that !@#$ motorcycle – I’ll show that son-of-a-itch lazy arz. They BOTH can sleep in the basement!"

Archived