IGNORED

Conti-Motion Tires

fatbob

Riders:

Has anyone worn out a set of "Conti-Motion" sport touring tires? How much life did you get and how do they perform. Competition Accessories is selling a set of these for an irresistable price.

Thanks.

I also like Continental tires, I have used several sets of Road Attack and I am very satisfied.

When I saw the Conti Motion tires I also got very exited at the price, but I asked Continental about longevity and received an answer indicating that I should not expect the same wear than I got from the Road Attack. These tires aren't for Sport Touring bikes weighing as much as the RT.

I expect about 5-6K out of the rear Road Attack and maybe 6-7 out of the front one. Right now the rear has 4,586 and looks like it's about to go, I don't expect to get another 500 from it; hopefully it'll last the winter months.

If you choose to buy the Motions, let us know how they feared.

You might also try the Motorcycle Superstore. I shopped around and they beat Comp, Acc and JP Cycles and free shipping. I would also be interested if you buy these Co nti's to see how they perform. I have the Metzler RoadTec's and the front has about 5k and shows little wear. The rear only has about 500 so we will see.

Of course if it is a SUPER deal, you can buy two sets! lol

paul

One more thing. Some places sell tires for less but the tires themselves are older so they are cheaper. You can ask the dealer to give the DOM. Even not in use, age can have some effect on the tire. Just my thoughts!

paul

5 replies, yet none with knowledge of the Conti Motion? I too was hoping for input. These would be a direct competitor cost wise to the Shinko 009's. Inquiring minds want to know....

I've got my first Conti Motion on the front only 4600 miles ago. Seems to be wearing well. No complaints on the handling wet or dry. Had to mix it with a Pirelli Angel since Conti doesn't make a 160/60-18 for my R1100RT.

So far, it seems like a tire that I'd buy again. I've tried just about every sport touring tire made on this bike in the last 10 years. The quest never ends.

Dave

Not trying to hijack the subject, but I noticed the inquiry on Continental tires...

My Conti Road Attack tires have been fantastic on my RT and I am in the market for new ones. I noticed on the Conti web site that they now offer a Road Attack Sport Mileage tire, which they say gives the grip of a sport bike tire and the mileage of a touring tire. Does anyone have experience with this tire?

Thanks.

Back to the topic, ContiMotion.

I called a sales rep I know with Continental. Basically the Motion is a price point tire based on older technology and established materials, and priced aggressively. He called it more of a "touring" sport touring tire.

The new RoadAttack2 is new technology and new materials which involved a lot of R&D which has to be recouped. He called the 2 more of a "sport" sport touring tire.

Thanks, Jerry, for the referral to Two Brothers Tires in Georgia. They beat the prices from the mega stores that I normally buy from and also gave great servie...the new set of Road Attack 2 tires are scheduled to arrive this afternoon.

Come to think of it, I did have one complaint regarding the Conti Motion: No marking on the side of the tire to indicate the light spot. As a result, I wound up using a lot weight to balance it.

Don't know how the rest of their line is marked (or not).

Haven't been here in a while. But I'll respond to this old thread for others.

I have run a set of Conti-Motion on my 1150RT. They decent tires considering the price. But they don't have a long life. About two rears to one front. I'm getting 5 to 6000 miles out of a rear and about 10 out of the front. Most of that is two-up and pulling a Uni-Go trailer. So if you're solo....no trailer....you might get better mileage.

Archived