IGNORED

Ztechnik engine guards with valve cover guards

MotoGP

Has anyone installed valve cover guards AND Ztechnik engine guards?

Most valve cover guards use the same forward attachment point on the cylinder and I was wondering if this causes any alignment problems with the Ztechniks.

Thanks

Can't help you with your question...but why would you want both? I think the Ztechnik guards don't have to be removed for maint. but the valve cover guards do.

It looks to me as though the front (forward) portion of the valve cover is protected well enough with the engine guard, however, the rear portion looks somewhat exposed.....

It will not work. Both the Z-teks and the VC guards use the same mounting point on the front side of the head. No clearance there to mount both, and frankly no need to mount both - unless you enjoy making periodic maintenance (VC removal) extra difficult.

-MKL

Moshe, thanks. That's what I thought. I guess both would be redundant. The Ztechnik engine guards should work well enough to protect from drop damage, however, I was thinking about scratch damage in dirt in a slide out, etc....

Cheers,

MotoGP

Get something with fuller coverage, then, like MAM:

xheadH.jpg

Seriously, though, no guard is going to offer total protection in a real spill. They're all designed to deform to an extent and serve mainly for no or low speed drops...

-MKL

Archived