IGNORED

Oh No He Didn't!!

TEWKS

Actually, I was talking about the mounting of my BMW Zumo 550 on the Street Glide. :grin: It was sixty four bucks for the mount kit, not bad & nicely made. The bike itself is a 2009 that I picked up with 1100 miles for the great price of 12G. ;)

My taste in bikes is all over the place, don't make me a bad guy right? ;)

The Crystal Ball sez it sees another H/D in Larry's future. :)

Pat

By appearance its a Harley Davidson Street Glide. The white face gauges are my indicator. Very nice. My dad has a 08' Street Glide. I managed to talk him into the ABS option. :)

How much better are the 2009 HDs with the knew frame??

..and my Zumo was purchased at a HD dealership and fits very nicely on my GS.

A friend of mine has an 08, (old frame) haven't had the chance to swap bikes yet. Night & day compared to my 92 ultra no surprise there. Another friend just traded an 08 Electra Glide for a 10 & he said it was a huge improvement. I really want to ride the 08 to see for myself.

Pat

I examined the dashboard carefully but was surprised to find the Hot Air gauge (just to the left of the weather radar display) so low. Perhaps that's what it reads when the rider is sleeping.

Ben

Morning Ben

The air temp gauge is electrical as well as the other gauges so it doesn’t read until the ignition switch is turned on.

It’s kind of a useless gauge on the Harley’s anyhow especially if the bike is black or a dark color as the temp sensor is partially under the front bat wing so always reads high when the bike is out in the sun.

Hey about that air temp guage, when I got the bike I couldn't figure why the P/O was running seventy pounds of air in the "AIR" shocks. :dopeslap::rofl:

Pat

Hey Pat, I'm in Quincy for a couple weeks this summer, can I borrow the 'Glide for a day or two?

PLEEEEEEEZE? I promise not to lane split on it like I did on the one in the LBC a few years ago...

The Hot Air gauge is what flashes when I am talking.... :D

On the BMW, it is metric and scaled in PR units. The full-scale reading is "18 BS" and the bike only gets up that high when you install a K&N air filter and Amsoil synthetic oil.

Ben

Whip... my Texas riding pal went from an '07 Road King to a '10 Street Glide. He declares the new frame and engine to be waaaay superior, that plust the ABS brakes and accouterments.

But, it is beastly heavy and scrapes in the turns... even small ones.

SEATTLE_RIDER

Whip...........my last Road King was a '98. I bought a 2010 Road King w/ABS, etc in Sept. The new frame, larger tank, fatter rear tire, etc. make this a very nice road bike. Again, don't ask me why I went back to HD............I just did it on a whim and a very great deal on new 2010's when the 2011's hit the local dealership.

I let the '07 GS Adventure go to a very deserving new owner. I will be buying an 800 GS in the spring if I can't find an airhead GSPD to fill the dirt gap.

Still riding the Triumph Bonnie......great Island Bike. :)

My dad just had some new Renegade wheels put on his street glide. They came out pretty nice since he already had the chrome fork legs. They were going to put on the chrome rotors as well but they need to order the ones for ABS. So the rotors will be chrome soon as well as the calipers. He went with an 18" up front. The dash has just about every HD chrome bezel available. I think I have talked him into having the dash painted to match the bike. Its a pretty sharp bike! My apologies for the bad pictures, they were on my phone with no flash in poor lighting.

streetglide.jpg

streetglide2.jpg

Have you ridden it? I like the wheels on the CVO SG but they look sweet also!

Pat

Nope....I think hell would have to freeze over before he let me ride it...LOL... I have no ambition to ride it. I already know that if I had the money a 2011 Road Glide in gloss black with the 103 CI motor and ABS would be in my garage.

If I were going to put new wheels on a harley, they would have to be aftermarket. Much nicer options IMO and the chrome and finish is alot nicer as well. My dad scored an awesome deal on the Renegades. Front and rear (18 front, 17 rear), with the matching machined pully wheel and rotors for $1700. He wanted the Renegade Whistlers for the bike but the complete set up was going to be over $4k. So, when the shop offered these for $1700, he jumped on them. I have been to alot of HD Rallys and I think its tough to beat the Renegade wheels. They are expensive but they are some of the nicest IMO.

PS, that color is super nice!

Yeah the red mettalic is pretty sharp. He debated on color for a while since he bought it new. He was going to go black but his last Harley was black so he thought this would be a nice change. I dont see many this color.

Archived