IGNORED

gas guage

BlueByU

Ok 400 mile I've ridden the M/C since buying it in Las Vegas.Now the rain as stop I thought I'd put some miles on it Start the M/C everything is good,going out the driveeay I hit a small bump Gas guage show zero and yellow warning light comes on.Pull over turn off the M/C thinking I can reset it,but that doesn't work.So is this the dreaded fuel strip problem.Question the M/C is still under warranty being I'm the second owner will BMW still take care of me?

Tia BOB

Step 1 - open cap and look in. Got gas?

Step 2 - Irrespective of verdict from Step 1, go get gas, reset your odometer(s), reset your OBC readings.

Step 3 - start 'er up and try again to see if low fuel warning goes away and gauge begins to read. ***This will take from several seconds to several minutes.***

Step 4 - number of owners is irrelevant. 3 year/36,000 mile warranty follows the bike, not the owner.

Step 5 - If all the above does not resolve your issue, call your dealer and tell them to pre-order all your necessary parts for a gauge swap/recalibration and have them warranty repair it.

Hope this helps.

1bmwfan,

I did gas it up and reset OBC and still nothing.What a bummer.The problem is the nearest dealer is 150 miles away.Can their do it in one day if they have the parts?

Tia Bob

Step 1 - open cap and look in. Got gas?

Step 2 - Irrespective of verdict from Step 1, go get gas, reset your odometer(s), reset your OBC readings.

Step 3 - start 'er up and try again to see if low fuel warning goes away and gauge begins to read. ***This will take from several seconds to several minutes.***

Step 4 - number of owners is irrelevant. 3 year/36,000 mile warranty follows the bike, not the owner.

Step 5 - If all the above does not resolve your issue, call your dealer and tell them to pre-order all your necessary parts for a gauge swap/recalibration and have them warranty repair it.

Hope this helps.

Is this a test to join the BMW crowd?LOL Will call Santa Cruz BMW today and see IF they are setup for doing this soon.Their are other dealers closing but friends tell me to go here.

In response to:

Poster: Sonor

Subject: Re: gas guage

Good to know all of the above - thank you all.

There is a lot of knowledge on this Board. If you have a question, someone will have an answer for you. That is one of the many benefits of being a member.

Archived