IGNORED

It's shiny. It's red. It's almost ready for action.

eddd

We took delivery of a new fire truck yesterday. I picked it up in Alvarado, south of Fort Worth. Today's was spent installing radios, extinguisher, nozzles, and flashlights. Should be ready for service in the next day or so.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The back end of that truck is really some beautiful machinery and gadgets. As far as firetrucks go, is something that small and rugged looking more tailored for servicing off road places that a large truck would not attempt. How much water can it hold and for how long of a period of time can it shoot a spray on its own.

Beautiful machine!

The large veranda provides space for the 16,500# winch and allows the front end to tilt for servicing the engine. (There is another 16,500# winch at the rear.)

The truck itself is a Ford F750, 33,000 GVWR. It was converted to all wheel drive and has a two speed transfer case. The conversion was done by Tulsa Truck.

750 gallon poly tank with a 10 gallon integral class A foam tank. Cascade foam system. Hale HPX 200-B-26 diesel-powered pump, (280 gpm @ 10 psi, 165 gpm @125 psi). 2 Hannay reels at the rear and 2 whip/tag lines at the walkway. 2 front ground sweep nozzles controlled from the cab. There is a second pump control panel on top of the tank at the walkway.

Whelen CEN COM siren and switch control. FANTASTIC light-up-the night 12v LED scene lights. Not positive of the brand, but I believe they are Whelen. All emergency lights are LED including the brightest traffic advisor I’ve ever seen.

All the boxes were custom to our specification.

The back end of that truck is really some beautiful machinery and gadgets. As far as firetrucks go, is something that small and rugged looking more tailored for servicing off road places that a large truck would not attempt. How much water can it hold and for how long of a period of time can it shoot a spray on its own.

Beautiful machine!

As I just posted, 750 gallons on board, and yes, it is a brush truck designed for wildland fires. The length of time is completely dependent on the volume of water you are applying. In a typical grass fire situation you will flow two nozzles at 30 gpm, though you might have to increase the flow depending on the fire load. Nozzles on 1" lines are generally adjustable, 15, 30, 50, 60 gpm. 2 nozzle operating at 60 gpm each gives you a bit over 6 minutes. Drop the gpm to 30 each and you double the time.

But not to worry. We have a back up:

orig.jpg

To be replaced with this one as soon as the bumpers are completed and a winch installed. Each of the tankers hold 2,500 gallons, are all wheel drive, and can pump and roll:

standard.jpg

DaveTheAffable

Very nice. And, allow me to word this carefully. I know you're not anxious to have a fire, but when one appears, how cool to have new equipment to use in the fight!

sO eDDD...you the one that's gotta polish all that diamond plate??

Dang son, that is a suhweet ride.!

See ya @ StarBuck's

No polishing for me. The aluminum diamond plate is more for function than looks: light-weight, will not rust, no need to repaint when we get some "desert pin stripes." :eek:

Archived