IGNORED

Fieldsheer Contour Tank Bag

Pat Buzzard

funny haha. this is what happens when I post while exhausted. I'm guessing that the magnets however powerful are not powerful enough to adhere to the metal beneath the plastic.

.... I'm guessing that the magnets however powerful are not powerful enough to adhere to the metal beneath the plastic.

We are not trying to belittle anyone here.

Beneath the tupperware is a huge plastic petrol tank.

Andy

[quote=Pat Buzzard Beneath the tupperware is a huge plastic petrol tank.

Andy

AH HA!! That is the missing piece I was looking for. I just got my bike a little over a month ago and haven't taken off the plastic yet. The tank looked metal in the pictures. Thanks for the info. I am new to BMWs but eventually I will know enough so as to not make an @$$ of myself!

Thanks,

No problem Pat, we're only having a joke with you! I didn't know my RT 1100 had a plastic tank either until I took a side panel off for some reason or another,

Merry Xmas

Dave.

Pat,

I asked the SAME question a few months ago...I assumed it was metal somewhere...

What kind of buddies would we all be if we didn't harass each other.. :D

I have heard of people using magnetic tank bags on an RT by gluing magnets on the inside of the Tupperware.

If you do go this route, double/triple check polarity of the magnets.

Seems to be a lot of hassle when there are other very good options out there.

Ah Yes! But the inserts in the tank aren't :P;)

Seriously tho (honest! LOL), check out the Big Mak line of tank bags. Very good quality and a nice easy peasy flip up to get at your "petrol" tank :grin:

Archived