My Early Christmas Present

David

Took two months to ship from Austria, but here it is. The machine as a whole:

1.jpg

Extension table (very robust), useable on any of three sides:

3.jpg

Solid acryclic wheel with solid steel axle:

4.jpg

Blade tightness gauge as viewed through open window. It's a starting place, based on width of the blade. This was a 1" blade, so you can see where I set it:

5.jpg

Lower roller with dust control brush and yellow foot brake:

6.jpg

Upper roller, along with tension gauge on lower left. See safety red box in upper right that keeps machine from starting unless large door is closed:

7.jpg

Upper European style roller guides, side to side and front to back. This whole arm goes up and down based on the height of the cutting piece:

8.jpg

Ditto

9.jpg

Lower European style roller guides, side to side and front to back:

10.jpg

Fence (usable on three sides). Very robust:

11.jpg

Foot brake and front wheel assembly to move it around (just under 1,000 lbs):

12.jpg

Wheels to adjust wheel tracking and wheel tension:

13.jpg

OK, I'm drooling. Looks like a nice tool. For wood only, or are you going to start doing metal work?

With the right blade, it'll cut darn near anything. It's 220, 20 amp, single phase with huge flywheels. So not much will stop it.

OK, I'm drooling. Looks like a nice tool. For wood only, or are you going to start doing metal work?

With the right blade, it'll cut darn near anything. It's 220, 20 amp, single phase with huge flywheels. So not much will stop it.

+1 on that. No Problem!

Jerry Johnston

They sure have improved them over the years. I have a Rockwell that has a 12" depth cut but is so... much more work to make changes than the newer units. I'm envious of yours but happy for ya ! Looks like you'll have a really merry Christmas.

Very nice !

I have an 16" grizzly. At the time of purchace, I didn't think I'd use so much. I regret buying a better saw. Resawing, sawing really thick boards is a great capability. Your saw looks like a winner !

Ed -

After wiring 220, you may want to convert all your tools with greater than 1HP. I did and am very glad I did.

Yes, you're right. I have a SawStop 1.75 Professional Contractor Saw that's 110. I just ordered a kit that'll turn it into 220. It won't necessarily be more powerful, but it'll step up faster and will run cooler.

Archived