IGNORED

K16 pricing

markgoodrich

Shcarry ain't it. A friend sat upon it's immenseness at he Long BEach show. Said it wasn't as top heavy at the Cape Norde was.

There are a few lemon tinged GT's out there for a good price....

Shcarry ain't it. A friend sat upon it's immenseness at he Long BEach show. Said it wasn't as top heavy at the Cape Norde was.

And from what I hear there are a few more in the pipe to be added to that list! Just sayin'. Since it is clearly more than a few, does that make it a herd, gaggle, murder, or flock?

Now, if the newly appointed beta testers can do their job, the test ride is favorable, and BMW doesn't blow it I can see this as a bike to have in the future. Big "if" based on recent history but I actually am excited to see if they can pull it off and save themselves with this bike.

And from what I hear there are a few more in the pipe to be added to that list! Just sayin'. Since it is clearly more than a few, does that make it a herd, gaggle, murder, or flock?

bushel

Wonder if they factor in the lemon law bikes they had to buy back and all the repairs into the price of new bikes. They certainly didn't make any money on the sale of my bike if you factor in the repairs.

Wonder if they factor in the lemon law bikes they had to buy back and all the repairs into the price of new bikes. They certainly didn't make any money on the sale of my bike if you factor in the repairs.

Well, that's a good point as the check they will be writing me for my GT is much bigger than the one I wrote them!

Not sure what this thread is about, but I believe it started by featuring the new K16 pricing.

The more I see that bike, the more I like. I can really see that bike in my future.

Now, all I need, is to win a $27K lottery.

They are taking pre-orders on the US site until March 31, 2011. Who is going to be the first one to pre-order a new 1600?

It will likely be someone who is "gambler" or has not heard much about the experiences of so many owners of the bike it is replacing. I believe they will be taking a "chance" that it will be a dependable machine.

"Now, all I need, is to win a $27K lottery."

I believe you will need more than the 27K. You are not considering the cost of service and the car rentals when it craps out and puts you afoot.

I'm not sure a niche bike like the 1600 would be a saving factor. The GS is what keeps the doors open. BMW needs a bike that everybody will want...and be able to afford.

Ten comments on this thread. EIGHT are disparaging in some way, mainly about a different model. As far as I know, no one has actually ridden one, much less owned one, but it's already being bashed. :S:eek::lurk:

Ten comments on this thread. EIGHT are disparaging in some way, mainly about a different model. As far as I know, no one has actually ridden one, much less owned one, but it's already being bashed. :S:eek::lurk:

No one is bashing the bike, just BMW's prowess, or lack thereof, with regard to early production models. It may be a great model but BMW has done their part at ruining any confidence in what they bring to market.

It may be a great model but BMW has done their part at ruining any confidence in what they bring to market.

So does this mean you haven't put the deposit down on one yet? :grin:

No one is bashing the bike, just BMW's prowess, or lack thereof, with regard to early production models. It may be a great model but BMW has done their part at ruining any confidence in what they bring to market.

I understand that some of the posters here are frustrated with services received in the past from BMW Motorrad with a certain model, but when a brand new flagship model is being prepped for release to the public, it's marketing should not be hindered.

Like we say in French: 'Faire mourir dans l'oeuf', it seems that some people are trying to 'Kill it in the egg'.

There has been much discussion in the past concerning flaws & sub par services received for a certain model, and if some posters think that they need to elaborate more, then 'those' discussions should be continued.

This K16 should be a new discussion.

For some posters, it seems that BMW stands for Bitter, Mad & Wrathful.

I have no immediate intention of getting a K16 and have no affiliation with BMW other than owning one of their models.

When a new model that interests me is being discussed, I like to read reports & comments about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from my Dealer a few days ago. They gave me the pricing of my GT on order. I'm told I'm the first on the list.

Base Price unloaded = $21K to 22K - (most bikes in the first wave of delivery will be loaded though)

The cost of mine will be $25K plus tax etc (dancing front headlight,ESA,NAV,etc) - With tax and rear case I imagine I'l need $28 out the door.

Hope this helps

Makes my "original" K seem like the bargain it was/is...still..a bit..relatively easy to service, parts still available, and yup..racking up the miles...no frills, no fancy schmancy, just a "plain old" K bike...

Surprising to see some of these post. I paid my deposit and am excited about the GT/GTL, just not the wait until May. As for new BMW models, I now have 8K perfect trouble free miles on my S1000RR and nearly 25K on my K1300S without a single problem. So I maybe kidding myself but I jumped on the GTL the minute I could, especially after I saw the price. I'm one of those idiots in a previous life that paid over 35K for a HD Screamin Eagle that was a POS. I guess it is where you come from, for us previous Harley owners, BMW is pure heaven.

Surprising to see some of these post. I paid my deposit and am excited about the GT/GTL, just not the wait until May. As for new BMW models, I now have 8K perfect trouble free miles on my S1000RR and nearly 25K on my K1300S without a single problem. So I maybe kidding myself but I jumped on the GTL the minute I could, especially after I saw the price. I'm one of those idiots in a previous life that paid over 35K for a HD Screamin Eagle that was a POS. I guess it is where you come from, for us previous Harley owners, BMW is pure heaven.

Thanks for sayin what I wanted to. I'm on my second BMW with nothing but good to say about both(K1200R and R1200RT). Surprisingly enough the price isn't as high as I thought it would be. Theres nothing else out there that does what a Beemer does for as long as it does it. "Everything" brakes,its just a matter of when. I'd venture to say it was probably more along the lines of the particular dealer doing the service/work than the manufacturer anyway. Not much unlike any other service you pay for these days--"its like pullin teeth". Just my .02cents.......

Archived