IGNORED

Locations of different length screws securing body work.

braindonor

Joe Frickin' Friday

See page 8.

Summary:

-Longest screws go under mirror.

-three midlength screws attach tupperware panel to aluminum footpeg plate.

-shortest screws go everywhere else.

I've only got two size screws. Long ones go around footpeg plate, under the mirrors, and in the nose of the fairing. Biggest warning is to never use long ones into the tank.

Mitch, you are a kind sir. I have been wanting to ask this question my self but feel stupid enough with all of the questions i have already asked....Thanks for that service guide.

My 04 1150RT has three lengths. The two short ones go into the metal bosses down by the footpegs. The medium ones go through one layer of plastic and into clip nuts. The long ones go through two layers of plastic and clip nuts.

Marc

Marc,

Sounds like everyone seems to be different. My 2004 RT only has two length of screws. From what I have seen, the only issue, as said before, keep the ones in the tank short screws, whatever you have left over can go everywhere else.

Pat

Clive Liddell
See page 8.

Summary:

-Longest screws go under mirror.

-three midlength screws attach tupperware panel to aluminum footpeg plate.

-shortest screws go everywhere else.

I am sorry some are muddying the water but Mitch has it correct and in a nutshell...

On the 1150 you only need 2 lengths - short (16mm) and medium (20mm)

On the 1100 you need the three lengths. the 50mm items that screw the dash panel to the subframe are a different mounting arrangement to the 1150. That is why the waters are a little muddied.

Andy

I dont think anyone is refering to the ones on the dash panel near the speakers. I think the 50mm ones they are refering to, and i know at least my R1100RT has them, are the long ones that fit right under the Left and Right mirrors. When you pop off the mirrors, there is one screw on each side under the mirror housing that for some unknown reason is longer than neccesary.

I dont think anyone is refering to the ones on the dash panel near the speakers. I think the 50mm ones they are refering to, and i know at least my R1100RT has them, are the long ones that fit right under the Left and Right mirrors. When you pop off the mirrors, there is one screw on each side under the mirror housing that for some unknown reason is longer than neccesary.

Hi Kmac, the long one is for the dash panel. the right and left mirror mounts are meant to be 16mm. See attached image below for the 1100RT

So item

See that item 1 is the long 48mm screw and the mirror position is only a 16mm screw.

01 46632309458 OVAL HEAD SCREW WITH WASHER - M5X48

02 46632313685 MOTOR SPOILER

09 46622307956 FILLISTER HEAD SCREW - M5X16

-- 46612308593 FLAT WASHER X $0.58

10 46632313439 OVAL HEAD SCREW WITH WASHER - M5X20

11 46632313314 OVAL HEAD SCREW WITH WASHER - M5X16

Andy

5362.jpg.345efb6357e5118782fbb1012ea9471c.jpg

Afternoon Andy,

Thanks for the pic, that is helpful.

I actually have my tupperare off right now and all of my screws look factory, no odd ball head shapes or different color bolts or weird washers. So i believe my screws are all factory, and I have the 16mm and 20mm like the picture shows and 2 48mm on the dash panel that your diagram show as #1, But I also 2 28mm bolts that were under the mirrors. I dont know that this is the original place for them, but that is where mine were. They definately dont seem to need to be that long.

Where might these 2 intermediate sized screws go?

Archived