IGNORED

Nigel no longer has ornaments

Kathy R

So far, he's been easy going about his stitches and hasn't needed to wear the dreaded cone. All he wanted this morning was a fresh bone from the freezer and a bowl of dog food.

1128257481_Pk3K7-L.jpg

camera phone

Your place seems to be like ours when comparing DTPSF*

*Dog toys per square foot

McGruff has about a dozen in the LR/DR.

:wave:

Tom, I neglected to add that the boy did partake of one dose of pain medication and 1/2 of his alotted dose of sleepy time medication this morning. But, yes, he's a trooper alright. I've only had to remind him 2x to not pay attention to those stitches.

Tim, See that plastic container? It overflows when I decide to detoy the floors. I just threw out his baby kong this morning. He's gotten big enough that it's a choking hazard.

He's STILL chewing that bone.

McGruff is 3+ and LOVES Nylok chew bones, Kong bones, etc.

Have to be careful at night which ones he can access.

Knog quiet chewing.

Others, sounds like a bevy of beavers has invaded.

:grin:

Hope he's on his feetses soon, up to his old, and new tricks.

that just hurts...

DEAR GOD:

Dear God: Is it on purpose our names are the same, only reversed?

Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?

Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?

Dear God: If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?

Dear God: We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good Dog.

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a play-pen.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt across the Capet.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?

So far, he's been easy going about his stitches and hasn't needed to wear the dreaded cone. All he wanted this morning was a fresh bone from the freezer and a bowl of dog food.

1128257481_Pk3K7-L.jpg

camera phone

Ornaments, forsooth? ORNAMENTS!! Well, perhaps he never had the chance for them to be anything else.

A dirty trick to play, even on a dog. :cry:

I had a German Shorthaired Pointer once upon a time. We lived in the country and from time to time he would, little by little, sneak out of the garage when I took my eye off of him as I worked on some project. He was very subtle about it; he'd stand and stretch and lie down again a few feet closer to the door. And again. Then when the chance arose, ZOOM! he was off like a shot. He would reappear in the early dawn, shirt unbuttoned to his waist, gold chain dangling on his hairy chest, a satisfied look on his face, then fall into a stupor for the rest of the day. In several years there was a notable increase in the number of halfbreed GSPs to be seen in the area.

So we had him neutered, hoping it would keep him closer to home and less likely to be hit on the road after dark.

A day or two later we were in the garage once more. As I watched out of the corner of my eye he went through his escape routine. Out the door he went - and 20 yards down the drive he stopped. He looked around as though trying to bring back an errant thought - and came back to his place in the corner.

A sad tale indeed, if you happen to be a dog.

Pilgrim

Nice n Easy Rider

1128257481_Pk3K7-L.jpg

camera phone

Ornaments, forsooth? ORNAMENTS!! Well, perhaps he never had the chance for them to be anything else.

A dirty trick to play, even on a dog. :cry:

I had a German Shorthaired Pointer once upon a time. We lived in the country and from time to time he would, little by little, sneak out of the garage when I took my eye off of him as I worked on some project. He was very subtle about it; he'd stand and stretch and lie down again a few feet closer to the door. And again. Then when the chance arose, ZOOM! he was off like a shot. He would reappear in the early dawn, shirt unbuttoned to his waist, gold chain dangling on his hairy chest, a satisfied look on his face, then fall into a stupor for the rest of the day. In several years there was a notable increase in the number of halfbreed GSPs to be seen in the area.

So we had him neutered, hoping it would keep him closer to home and less likely to be hit on the road after dark.

A day or two later we were in the garage once more. As I watched out of the corner of my eye he went through his escape routine. Out the door he went - and 20 yards down the drive he stopped. He looked around as though trying to bring back an errant thought - and came back to his place in the corner.

A sad tale indeed, if you happen to be a dog.

Pilgrim

:rofl:

:(

He would reappear in the early dawn, shirt unbuttoned to his waist....
:rofl:

Is that relationship analogous to the fit owner with the fat dog? :grin:

In Nigel's case, his stuffed bear was complaining about, eh, the abuse

1079089955_PLB94-M.jpg

My dear ex used to admonish my prior beast, Guinness; "I don't know why you love her. She cut your nuts off"

1128257481_Pk3K7-L.jpg

camera phone

www.neuticles.com :thumbsup:

Poor fellow.

Ringo is going to get neutered, er, tutored in two months. Sil is going to have to make the trip solo as I will be huddled in a corner, wrapped in a blanket, trying to get to my 'happy place.'

Rev, I wouldn't get those for the ex. I'm not getting them for the dog :grin:

Steve, Ringo is an example of; You don't need em if you look like that!

"All I want for Christmas is my two ...." :cry:

Deck the Halls with.......

Oh never mind :dopeslap:

I sure hope he (it) gets a new chewy toy & a nice juicy bONE for Christmas :)

Eric, Certainly a crummy time of year to have stitches. For Christmas I'm promising him a long walk in the woods, a dip in the cold lake and a nap by the fire. He gets about 2 of those big frozen bones a week. That sums up all his favorite things, along with lots of love from me.

Why did you have him nuetered?

Mark, because none of the hussies out there are fixed! :grin:

I wanted to ensure that my dog did not create more dogs. All of my previous dogs have been rescues. I've seen too many dogs live miserably and go to their death because no one adopted them. If everything works out, I'll adopt a 2+ year old dog in a couple years. Nigel is, like most dogs, very social. Dogs need dogs in their life. So do I :)

In Nigel's case, his stuffed bear was complaining about, eh, the abuse

good to know that other stuff buddies are also being "Abused" my girls were not sure what to make of Samson and his antics... i will post pictures of Samson some time (think Pom with attitude and hair). Samson still has his attributes, because he is wanted as a studboy, but once that job is completed successfully he will also join the ranks of those without (according to my wife)

Eric, Certainly a crummy time of year to have stitches. For Christmas I'm promising him a long walk in the woods, a dip in the cold lake and a nap by the fire. He gets about 2 of those big frozen bones a week. That sums up all his favorite things, along with lots of love from me.

Why did you have him nuetered?

Mark, because none of the hussies out there are fixed! :grin:

I wanted to ensure that my dog did not create more dogs. All of my previous dogs have been rescues. I've seen too many dogs live miserably and go to their death because no one adopted them. If everything works out, I'll adopt a 2+ year old dog in a couple years. Nigel is, like most dogs, very social. Dogs need dogs in their life. So do I :)

Only reason I ask is to make sure it wasn’t to help prevent prostate cancer. More people are finding out that just isn’t the case.

1128257481_Pk3K7-L.jpg

camera phone

www.neuticles.com :thumbsup:

Have a vet tech friend who has a great story of a compensating owner who bought a huge, HUGE set of fake monster dog balls to be put on his pup after the procedure. They refused to do it because the size would be difficult for the dog. I'll have to see if I can get him liquored up enough to embellish and get video of the story, it slays me when I hear it.

Archived