IGNORED

Front brake caliper dragging when walking it into the garage??

ChuckAZ

This is a new to me RT. When I push the bike into the garage and turn the bars Ihear the calipers/pads pretty bad on the rotors it is louder in reverse for some reason and when the bars are straight there is no dragging at all.

I have replaced the pads with hawk HH pads recently but did not really ride or move the bike before those were installed so I have no comparison.

Put the bike on the centerstand and rotate the front wheel by hand. Does it spin easily? Some drag is normal, it's suppose to turn like 2 more revs after letting it go.

Two winters ago I changed the brake hoses on my GS. I was riding it during winter on salty roads. The L/H/S caliper pistons were stuck! On the R/H side only one piston was moving.

Since I had them off, I pressed the pistons using a large wrench and it got un-stuck. Then I sprayed plenty of brake spray in there and it went back to normal ;)

Dan.

Like Dan and Jerry I use brake cleaner and a toothbrush to clean the pistons whenever I change the pads.

A smear of silicone grease doesn't go amiss either.

You PUSH your bike into the garage :grin:

My driveway is uphill, I wish I could push the bike in. It's the last adventure after a ride for me.

Garage open: check

Path clear : check

Pets secure: check

Tallyho :D

Mine does that too. I don't see any issue...my pads are good, the brakes work very well.

I rack it up to the floating discs being just loose enough to rub on the pads when the wheel is leaned over one way or the other.

Archived