IGNORED

Additional mirrors for R1100RT

allynr1100

I read in some of the postings on this subject that the mirrors from a KxxxxRS or GT would also fit the handlebars of the R1100RT. Can anyone confirm what year(s) of Kxxxx bikes had mirrors that will work on the R1100RT and any additional stuff needed to install.

Thanks

Are there tapped holes for them on the RT? How about GS/R mirrors? I think the GS and the R are interchangeable, because I put GS hand guards on my 1100R.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Just get the kit from A&S Cycles for the R1100RT. It comes with everything you need (GS left and right mirrors, washers, nut, nut cap and maybe something else). I just got the kit in Sept for a long ride with a U-Pac and the wife. Went right on.

You're talking rubbish Dan, turning your head cannot give you as much information as decent mirrors, whilst you're spending all this time looking behind you what are you missing in front of you? !!

You're talking rubbish Dan, turning your head cannot give you as much information as decent mirrors, whilst you're spending all this time looking behind you what are you missing in front of you? !!
Some would disagree with this statement. Shoulder checks are a vital component in defensive motorcycle riding, especially when you consider that peripheral vision is often restricted by helmets.

True, when I take off, I always turn back, while riding, I check the mirror, if it's ok, I look back.

There's no decent mirror on any bike, the DR650 was a mess, the R1100GS was better and the RT mirrors are better than the GS ones.

I never heard of an accident happening because the rider/driver looked back but I have read about cars sitting in the blind spot.

BTW, about 1 month ago I have found a Volvo "("-shaped mirror. Now that would be decent as you can almost see the back of your head in it but fitting it to the bike would be like fitting bigger ears on Mickey Mouse :)

I read in some of the postings on this subject that the mirrors from a KxxxxRS or GT would also fit the handlebars of the R1100RT. Can anyone confirm what year(s) of Kxxxx bikes had mirrors that will work on the R1100RT and any additional stuff needed to install.

Thanks

Ken,

Be sure to check the width of your screen. My Lee Bailey is 4" wider than the standard and the additional mirrors would easily hit the screen.

Ian

Argghh..I personally cant stand convex type mirrors, but that is jmho and im sure it is a personal thing but it is not for me.
My ST13 came with them from the previous owner. I peeled them off (double-sided tape) and stuck them in a drawer.
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Argghh..I personally cant stand convex type mirrors, but that is jmho and im sure it is a personal thing but it is not for me.

+1 It took me about 2 minutes to remove the ones my bike came with after wheeling it into the garage the very first time.

I used the mirrors of a 1100RS on my RT-P just because. Lots of mirrors and turning your head to see what's going to hit you is good. Quite frankly, if I can call you frank, if one cannot turn ones head to see what the F is there, one should not be driving, or riding.

Convex mirrors are sciences way of letting us see what fish see, gives one a larger perspective. Some are incapable of using that information.....

Im not against a second taller set of mirrors, i just dont like those convex ones. I do turn my head and use my mirrors. I just think those convex give you a very distorted view of what and where things actually are. to rely solely on those would be a mistake.

I actually prefer the method of hammering the throttle, passing the car next to me then moving over since i know for sure where he is at...;)

I actually prefer the method of hammering the throttle, passing the car next to me then moving over since i know for sure where he is at...;)
That wouldn't work too well on the Autobahn, where you might be overtaken by some doing 100mph more that you are. ;) You never know...

Archived