IGNORED

Can anyone suggest a campground close to the rally site?

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I would like to make the UnRally next year and would prefer to camp. Is there a campground close by? I know that camping onsite may be possible but just checking for options in case it isn't allowed?

my first suggestion would be Mt. Mitchell state park. about 10 miles away as the crow flies. If they do not have anything, I would guess they would be able to give good suggestions.

Mt. Mitchell state park

SR-128

Burnsville, NC 28714

(828) 675-4611

• 2 months later...

I just made reservations for Mt Mitchell. Arriving on 8/6(Sunday) and leaving on 8/12(Friday). I called the park office and he suggested sites 5-9 if you wanted shade. No showers but they do have running water/toilets are there. I will likely purchase some sort of a shower system for use on this trip.

In case you missed it in the other thread, we're almost sold out and should be able to start taking camping reservations at the UN site mid March.

yeah I didn't see that. I'll probably keep my reservations until I know for sure that something onsite will be available. I also camp primarily in hammock tents so I may end up in the park so I can use my hammock. I don't know what the onsite areas may be like.

Archived