IGNORED

Helmet Speaker hookup for 2 devices

Dewayne Harkov

Dewayne Harkov

Any good cheap way to have two sources, radar detector and GPS, to helmet speakers without going to Autocomm etc? Splitter of some sort? Some say a "Y" connector is fine some don't. TIA

What's wrong with Autocom?

After five years of experimenting with things like the MixIt and other amplifiers I finally settled on the Autocom Easy-Plus for solo riding and the Active-Plus for group riding. These can be found regularly on eBay or Craigslist for less than the cost of a MixIt or AmplRider.

If you employ the option of using a 9v battery instead of hard wiring the unit you avoid the hassle of extra wiring and the possibility of ground loop interference. Plus, the extra lead for the pillion makes two-up riding more fun.

malcolmblalock

I, for one, need more amplification than the Autocom gives, particularly for music. I'm okay with phone, but music is just not loud enough through my Autocom.

I found that MP3 players, Sirius or XM radios and GPSs often don't provide enough amplification, even through the Autocom. I inserted a relatively inexpensive Boosteroo unit between the MP3 player and the Autocom to solve this problem.

IMG_0188.jpg

I used on w/a previous audio device on the bike.

After switching to Autocom, and listening only to XM from the Garmin, I have not needed the boost.

YMMV.

Archived