IGNORED

Passport iQ

lawnchairboy

anybody got any experience with this product yet? Don't know how or if you could weather protect it but I like the idea of all in one blue tooth, radar, Nav... Looks like it is touch screen so that would be something else to overcome I guess... anybody got one?

anybody got any experience with this product yet? Don't know how or if you could weather protect it but I like the idea of all in one blue tooth, radar, Nav... Looks like it is touch screen so that would be something else to overcome I guess... anybody got one?

Interesting and expensive.....

Passport Linky

Since radar detectors are illegal in Virginia, you lose your GPS, etc. too....

Also, unless Valentine One figures how to keep their patents alive related to front/rear antennas and directional arrows, next year may get real interesting in the radar detector market...

Survived-til-now

Go to their website and you can download the users manual.

Quite apart from the fact that it certainly does not look very weather proof, the safety instructions state:

Do not use this device near water.

Keep PASSPORT iQ away from liquids that might drip or splash on it.

So, unless you are guaranteed to stay dry it obviously isn't bike-friendly..................

Oh, and it doesn't like direct sunlight either..............

But it was a nice thought................ :(

Survived-til-now
I knew it wasn't weatherproof, just wondered if anyone had "engineered" it for motorcycle use yet or not...

Sorry, obviously you had realised the weatherproofing problem and my reference to the owners manual just confirms the need...

So my next question would be, why would anyone undertake to engineer it for bike use? Quite apart from invalidating the warranty on an expensive bit of kit, the only way to protect it would be to encase it in a waterproof container. Even with a soft side to the touch screen you would introduce a new set of difficulties with reading the screen and the operation of the touch feature...

In this instance surely the answer is to stick with an item or two that are manufactured for a bike....... or you could encase both the kit and yourself (its called a car!)

But perhaps someone will take this as a challenge and prove it can be done.

Andy

Archived