IGNORED

DVD 2011 is here!

graydude

Death Valley Days 2011 is finally here so blow the dust off your snow tires and fire up the Gerbings. This year we will again be returning to the palatial accommodations at the Exchange Club Motel in historic downtown Beatty NV. There are 30 rooms available so I don’t think we will need an overflow motel but one will be posted if necessary for those who wait too long. The details:

Date: MLK weekend. Friday January 14, Saturday January 15 and Sunday January 16 (most folks leave Sunday in the AM but it is a 3 day weekend)

The Exchange Club Motel

109 W Main St

Beatty, NV 89003

Phone: (775)553-2333

At Hwy 374 & Hwy Us 95

Room rates: Single- $48.00 plus tax and $53.00 double plus tax. Identify yourself as part of the BMW group.

The rooms have Internet access for you web junkies but bring your own Cat cable as the motel is not WiFi.

For the newbies to this winter extravaganza, this is not so much an organized event but just a bunch of loonies getting together to ride beautiful Death Valley. The Pre-Run group was there in November and we are happy to report the roads in the entire park are in great shape (barring a winter storm or two between now and then). The weather in the valley is typically beautiful with temps in the 50’s to 60’s during the day. Beatty’s elevation 3,300 feet so it gets cold in the morning and evenings. You will need a National Park Pass which you can buy for the day or for the year. Dress for the cold and you’ll be OK.

Back by popular demand will be the “Smell the roses ride”. This moderately paced ride, led by yours truly, will go to most of the areas of the park at a more sedate, tranquil, Zen-like, picture taking pace. Hooners will be bored so ride with BrianT and the rest of the trouble makers. Side stands up at 9:00 AM for this ride.

The only organized event will be dinner on Saturday night. We are planning to dine at the exclusive Sourdough Saloon at 7:00. Bring an iron lung if you have one. This fine dining establishment is located 100 feet across the street from the hotel so certainly within knee walking distance. We are planning on a steak dinner with all the trimmings. Cost is still $20 each plus your beverages. We will have the back room to ourselves with TV and pool tables. Draft beer is plentiful. If you have any special beer requests, let me know and I’ll forward it on. I will need to have a firm count to the saloon by the 7th of January so please register here and let me know if you will be attending. We also plan on having commemorative DVD tee shirts so order up at the link. If you back out after we commit I have to pay so please be sure.

Friday night dining is on your own but the Pre-Ride group highly recommends KC’s Outpost located next door to the Sourdough Saloon. You will get a fine meal from KC’s and tell them we sent you.

Don’t let the cool temps scare you. Everyone else will be cold as well so shut up. This is a great time to see old friends and meet new ones. In the end it’s all about the riding and there is no better place to ride than the Death Valley area. So pack the Jack Daniels and we’ll see you all in Beatty!

Todd "Graydude"

2010 UN Ralley posser

IBA#22266

05 K1200 LT, "Graphite Graydude Metallic,"

"Dry Town Crew" in training

Registration will be available sometime today - you do not have to register to reserve a room but you do need to register if you want dinner and a t-shirt. Please don't post that info here - you will just have to fill out the form anyway!

IN - 3 nights Fri-Mon, The Squirrel is coming too!

Transportation TBD depending on weather between here and there.

Arrogant Bastard please!

Bob, if you have not tanken the tour of Scotties Castle before, IMO it is well worth it. Takes about 45 minutes and it's a great ride getting there.

Bob, if you have not tanken the tour of Scotties Castle before, IMO it is well worth it. Takes about 45 minutes and it's a great ride getting there.
I have, but Squirrel hasn't been to DV before, she'll probably want to do outdoorsy things though, hiking, biking etc.

Looks like Sharon and I are IN. What's this registration thing you speak of? Is BMWST going un UN?

We'll be riding from Phoenix, if anyone wants to pal along.

What's this registration thing you speak of? Is BMWST going un UN?
Need to know how many dinners to tell them to prepare for and it helps to know the mix of T shirt sizes so people can get what they want, we did registration for DVD last year too.
What's this registration thing you speak of? Is BMWST going un UN?
Need to know how many dinners to tell them to prepare for and it helps to know the mix of T shirt sizes so people can get what they want, we did registration for DVD last year too.

Was a joke... relax... take it easy. :)

If you want dinner or a T-shirt it would be good to register. There will probably be extra dinners and extra T-shirts available on the weekend but it helps a lot to know how many people are planning on being there.

You can order as many T-shirts as you like but we don't know what they will look like! :grin: The women's shirts are a different cut from the men's, if ladies would like a regular shirt they should order a men's shirt.

Once you have registered you will not be able to change your information yourself (coming in January!) If you need to change something or remove your entry please PM me including your registration number in the message.

No money is due until arrival in Beatty, but you must pay before gambling...

Registration page

Looks like Sharon and I are IN. What's this registration thing you speak of? Is BMWST going un UN?

I might just take you up on that ... :Cool:

I might just take you up on that ... :Cool:

Sweet! PM Coming.

Putting Laura and I in for this. Transportation will be weather dependent.

Better make a trip to the tire shop early Tommy!!!

Think sumptin's loose here!!!

P1130063.jpg

:lurk:

drswift]I going to sit this one out. :(

Gee Dave were going to miss you,now we have to furnish our own refreshment's for our parking lot party... :)

And I won't get to steal GrayDude's hat!!!!!! But JohnLT will probably come well stocked.

IN!

Bringing Mrs. Groanup along for this one so I guess we'll try this "smell the roses ride".

I'm kinda looking forward to actually seeing Death Valley this time... ;)

Picking up my first BMW tomorrow a 08 R1200RT maybe I should make this my first event.And see if U guys live up to your reputition. :grin:

Looking forward to meeting you!

Picking up my first BMW tomorrow a 08 R1200RT maybe I should make this my first event.And see if U guys live up to your reputition. :grin:

You'll never look back.

IN!

Bringing Mrs. Groanup along for this one so I guess we'll try this "smell the roses ride".

I'm kinda looking forward to actually seeing Death Valley this time... ;)

:rofl:

Hi Don...

whatcha tryin' to say here? :grin:

Don J :wave:

I need to go for a ride somewhere, so I am seriously thinking about this.

But I like hot, not cold. Death Valley or the river does not bother me in mid summer.

My issue is, would it be too cold.

dc

I need to go for a ride somewhere, so I am seriously thinking about this.

But I like hot, not cold. Death Valley or the river does not bother me in mid summer.

My issue is, would it be too cold.

dc

Not too many places around CA are hot in January.....

With heated gear, is all good. :grin:

Holy cow! We've got a "reputition"! Who knew? :grin:

After the way 2010 has gone, I'm not committing to anything. But there's a possibility I can make this one!

Holy cow! We've got a "reputition"! Who knew? :grin:
Yep, that's because we keep doing the same things over and over...

Luckily, we expect pretty much the same results, so we fail to meet Einstein's definition of insanity.

You know, with all the rain that DV got recently, I'm wondering if we will be treated to a spectacular but rare wild flower display. I'm bringing my camera just in case.

Richard and I are IN! Room reservation made. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I was hoping earlier today that Jacqueline and Richard would come to DV and I got to open a Christmas Eve present when I turned on the computer.

Richard and I are IN! Room reservation made. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

What, no dinner with the herd? Something we said?

No, we are eating with the herd! Wouldn't miss it...... I know they put on a great steak dinner and the bake potatoes.... 1138879986_cw3w7-M.jpg ..... YUMMY!!!! 1138880084_eRL4W-M.jpg

But we are following Killer's lead :grin: .... we'll order off the menu.

Poke. Poke. Ok you fence sitters. The 10 day forecast for DV is awesome with temps in the 60's. The recent rains will make for spectacular scenery. No reason not to jump in. I need to have the food total to the Sour Dough a week from tomorrow so don't be shy. Come on down!

Archived