IGNORED

Bar mounted Volume control?

mrduck

I've been using the cheap radio shack thumbwheel volume control for the tunes, time to repair/replace. There's gotta be something better that mounts on the handle bar- 1150 RT with Autocom-any suggestions?

Don J :wave:

Most if not all I've seen are thumbwheel.

Wonder if you could use one designed for a wall that has a slider

41L8ONmguWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and use it w/a 12 v system on the bike?

I velcroed my Mixit2 inside the glove box on my 1200 RT which is easy to reach when I pop the door open (not sure about the 1150). Anyway, I connect the Autocom (with phone connected), gps, radar detactor and iPod. The radar is in the priority override in the Mixit so it kills everything if it goes off. The big knob on the top of the Mixit is easy to control and acts as the master volume for all devices.

Don get the unit Kevin posted, the remote volume one, so I can check it out. Thanks :grin:

Joe, you rode, what, 2500 miles with me through Mexico, and didn't notice the Amplirider? With the volume controller mounted on the radio blank? Pay ATTENTION!

Get one. Customer Service is beyond great. It's the lower knob, the other is my heated jacket controller.

IMG_1945.jpg

CoarsegoldKid

I was on another motorcycle. Yeah how soon I forget. Didn't you get some other thing-a-ma-jig to increase the dare I say "length" of the shaft. Or maybe that was from an email I keep getting from Veronica in Russia.

I was on another motorcycle. Yeah how soon I forget. Didn't you get some other thing-a-ma-jig to increase the dare I say "length" of the shaft. Or maybe that was from an email I keep getting from Veronica in Russia.

Yes, I do have that extension, and have looked for the same thing many times without success. Dunno what to call it so I can search for it.

Hey Tallman, I could use some bailing wire around the bars, yeah and then mebbe get my picture on one a them "There I fixed it" sites!

Funny boy, just for you-

GO BUCKEYES! :rofl:

That Amplirider look interesting, may go that route. My Autocom with Als earphones works but the sound quality has always been kinda mediocre at best. Will the Amplifier put some bass in the music?

Hey Joe, you know Veronica from Russia too?

Hey Tallman, I could use some bailing wire around the bars, yeah and then mebbe get my picture on one a them "There I fixed it" sites!

Funny boy, just for you-

GO BUCKEYES! :rofl:

That Amplirider look interesting, may go that route. My Autocom with Als earphones works but the sound quality has always been kinda mediocre at best. Will the Amplifier put some bass in the music?

Hey Joe, you know Veronica from Russia too?

The Amplirider won't really add much bass...look at how small it is. Its main function is as a volume controller, and for that it works just great. I've got Al's, some custom Westone earphones, and some higher-end Etymotic ER4s which I can't wear inside the helmet...all three sound pretty mediocre through the Autocom, even with the Amplirider. Plugged into something more powerful, they all sound much better. I'd say the Westones are best, Etymotics second, and Al's a close third, but that's listening through something much better than Autocom. On the bike, they're all about the same. Lately I've been wearing the Al's all the time on the bike, they're more comfortable.

Archived