IGNORED

I Really Missed All of You . . . Honest!

Mike

russell_bynum
I've been a bit scarce around these parts for the last week. My wife and I were here:

web.jpg

(taken with iPhone 4)

Four Seasons Bora Bora?

Bastard.

:grin:

Four Seasons Bora Bora?

Bastard.

:grin:

Yep. However, I'm pretty much back to reality. It was 8 degrees (-1 windchill) when I took the dog out for his morning walk. That, sir, is a real kick in the groin. :eek:

How'd you like that resort, Mike? I would love to take a group there some day, but I fear it isn't in the cards since it isn't near a golf course, which is very important to my groups.

I'd love to go personally, but that'll have to wait until we win the lottery we don't play! :)

How'd you like that resort, Mike? I would love to take a group there some day, but I fear it isn't in the cards since it isn't near a golf course, which is very important to my groups.

I'd love to go personally, but that'll have to wait until we win the lottery we don't play! :)

They have plans to build a golf course on the resort, but I don't know the timing. If you're interested, I'd suggest you check back on their website occasionally. Also, my wife might have the inside scoop; I can ask her.

The resort was incredible. First, the setting is absolutely stunning. I had seen plenty of photos of Bora Bora, but it's breathtaking to see it in person, truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Of course, any Four Seasons resort offers the highest level of accommodations, food and amenities that you'll find anywhere, and this was no exception. Still, a couple of things stood out: the staff, at every level, was incredibly friendly and seemed to really be doing their utmost to anticipate and meet their guests' every need. You order a cappuccino for breakfast on Monday and when you show up the next morning, they'll greet you by name and ask if you'd like another cappuccino. I don't know how they do it, but it's a consistent attribute among all of their properties.

The other thing that really impressed me was our overwater bungalow. I thought it was just a gimmick--and maybe it is--but each one is a very luxurious and thoughtfully laid out little house with impeccable furnishings, the best beds you'll find anywhere, and a large outdoor deck with a ladder leading into the water, permitting you to snorkel right outside your bungalow. Very, very cool.

It's unlikely that I'll ever have the opportunity to return there, but this will always stand out as one of the most incredible travel experiences of my life. It was simply stunning in every way.

permitting you to snorkel right outside your bungalow.

How was this snorkeling right from the bungalow? Fish, reef, etc, or plain?

I am always in the market for snorkel from shore opportunities, as Sharon is not a water person, or an early riser. So I like to go out for an hour or two in the morning, before joining her for more terrestrial activities later on.

On second thought, never mind. Expedia wants 10 large to send Sharon and I there for a week. Nothing is that nice!

Seriously, Jan, there are a lot of great places out there. Anthony's Key Resort down on Roatan Island in Honduras is one Sherrie and I like a lot.

Pilgrim

Archived