IGNORED

Pied Piper

SageRider

Looking to see if there is any interest in doing another "Pied Piper" run from the west coast to the unrally.

What is needed:

1) Participants!!!!

2) Board members willing to host the group as it crosses the country.

3) Board members willing to assist with route planning.

Hmmm, 50cc out to sandy eggo, drag a few folks up to NV... then a couple days into the UNHQ.

I better just go straight to the hotel, Shawn would kill me ;-)

Hmmm, 50cc out to sandy eggo, drag a few folks up to NV... then a couple days into the UNHQ.

:grin:

I was sorta in the same situation last year....

I would like to detour through yellowstone again.

Sage, did you get your radio fixed, (so we do not have to be in the next state to hear you)??? :rofl:

1291815224.jpg

Anyone up for a repeat? Our house is always open for BMWST folks.

As an added bonus for the Hansons, there will be home made ice cream!

Sage, did you get your radio fixed

Yup.

Immediately after returning home from the event.

However:

Currently, I am not running any radio at all....

I expect that to change...

Anyone up for a repeat? Our house is always open for BMWST folks.

As an added bonus for the Hansons, there will be home made ice cream!

Hmmm, can't be much more than a decent day's ride from FL... Bud, how far from SIUC?

Looking to see if there is any interest in doing another "Pied Piper" run from the west coast to the unrally.

What is needed:

2) Board members willing to host the group as it crosses the country.

Hi Michael,

We did this for the West Virginia UnRally & it was great fun!

Joyce & I will gladly host a group of "Pied Piper" riders coming thru.

I'll keep updating the list below as time passes. I expect to begin planning mid January at the earliest.

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave) & JustJean(Jean)???

Host volunteers: SageRider(Minden, NV), IrishMike(Highland Village, TX), Bud(S. IL), Randy(Atlanta, GA)

Routing: Sagerider, ???

You know this was our very first unrally! I think it was the best!

I think John Day was a good one, no "tunnel of death"!

But then, the run to NH has some very good memories. Fresh corn on the cob in Canada. River road in NY.

Hopz and Mrs Hopz are very likely to declare Host Status but it is a little early at this point.

Michael, for your planning purposes you can show us as a Host but please be prepared for change.

This is our year for a PCH ride and since it has been canceled for 2 or 3 years in a row... I better take care of business....

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider

Gee, what makes you think that? :eek::rofl:

Duh, of course, we should BOTH go do the piper runs to the hotel... Meet them the last day out and ride in with them.

Good Luck with that!!!! :grin:

Of course since both of you will have nothing to do at the last moment :dopeslap:, you are most welcome to join up here in Nevada if desired... :thumbsup:

Duh, of course, we should BOTH go do the piper runs to the hotel... Meet them the last day out and ride in with them.

Good Luck with that!!!! :grin:

Of course since both of you will have nothing to do at the last moment :dopeslap:, you are most welcome to join up here in Nevada if desired... :thumbsup:

I have been following your lead Michael!

Casa de Goodwin in the northwest corner of the great state of ARkansas will participate as a way station for yon travelers. Of course I'll have to clear this with the authorities. :grin:

Thanks, Hopz (we hope!), Irish Mike, & Mr. G!

I'll keep updating the list below as time passes. I expect to begin planning mid January at the earliest.

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave) & JustJean(Jean)???

Host volunteers: SageRider(Minden, NV), Hopz???(Salt Lake City, UT), IrishMike(Highland Village, TX), murrayg (Bentonville, AR), Bud(S. IL), Randy(Atlanta, GA)

Routing: Sagerider, IrishMike, ???

• 2 weeks later...

Please add me in as a participant.....as you may remember..... I will need a chaperone to keep me on the road this time.....not sure where I would Tee Up with the crew? I will see if the other western canadian Unriders are attending and work with them.

:grin::wave:

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave) & JustJean(Jean)???, alake (Tony)

Host volunteers: SageRider(Minden, NV), Hopz???(Salt Lake City, UT), IrishMike(Highland Village, TX), murrayg (Bentonville, AR), Bud(S. IL), Randy(Atlanta, GA)

• 1 month later...

OK.

Planning has proceeded to the point of if there is any Pied Piper run, it will start from IrishMike's in Highland Village TX.

I've asked Mike to do some route planning from that point to the UN. Anyone else is welcome to provide input / help Mike.

Once a concept of the route is in place, and we have an idea home many days on the road there will be, we can back track from a Sunday arrival to set the date at Mike's place.

IrishMike 3Putt, dhanson, JustJean, alake: hope this all works for you. If not, let me know.

We are watching, little early for me to be planning, last minute type of guy. LOL.

It is going to be really hard to match the one to NH, probably greatest ride ever for us with the Pied Piper!

This sounds great, I will work backwards from the the T-up time.

(presuming that the snow is gone and I am able to dig my bike out of the shed by then;-))

Regretfully, Joyce & I are no longer available as a starting point for a Pied Piper run to the UnRally.

Family vacation dates have changed (yesterday) making it impossible to return home in time to host folks on their way to Little Switzerland.

Beach time with all the grandkids together in one place has to come first; it doesn't happen as often as we like so we try to make the most of it when the opportunity comes up.

Thanks for understanding, & please accept our sincere apologies to one & all for any inconvenience caused.

Mike & Joyce

I have received a request to keep the status of the Pied Piper open until after Torrey.

Can do.

With the folks currently signed up, it is looking like MurrayG in Bentonville, AR would become the first meeting spot....

I am sure Whipville will be available if y'all want to take the southern route.

You could go down to the coast, ride along the beach from Freeport to Galveston then take the Ferry across the bay. You would avoid all of Houston and then end up in NOLA.

Up to y'all

L and L

At this stage I have no other canucks (western) to coordinate with so am flexible (well not as limber as the old days but....) and still very interested.

Michael, I appreciate you keeping the invite open and "cat herding" this trip.

• 3 weeks later...

We still are looking forward to hosting the Pied Piper group. As this get's closer we will provide info about nearby hotels. We had enough fun last time to sign up again. If it works great and we totally understand if it does not.

Tom,

Rockford could be a good stop for the next north eastern UN.

"flat, straight, crappy, pot hole laden, gravely roads "

Got those out here too..... :dopeslap:

• 3 weeks later...

Michael,

It appears that we won't be able to host the Pied Pipers. The Captain has suggested I might want to be on the boat with her in Door County, WI during that time.

Sorry, but I wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible. Looks like Tom may have to provide the Illinois accommodations.

Best,

Bud

Update:

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave) & JustJean(Jean)???, alake (Tony)

• 1 month later...

Update:

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave)??? & JustJean(Jean), alake (Tony)

Host volunteers: SageRider(Minden, NV), Hopz???(Salt Lake City, UT), Whip (SanAntonio, TX), IrishMike(Highland Village, TX), murrayg (Bentonville, AR), Bud(S. IL), Randy(Atlanta, GA)

No additional interest expressed by any Torrey participants.

This is a last call for any one interested.

Final decision will be made on June 6th.

Casa Hopz is IN for Host!

Great! Thanks!!!

Update:

Participants: SageRider(Mike), 3Putt(Tom), IrishMike(Mike), dhanson(Dave)??? & JustJean(Jean), alake (Tony)

Host volunteers: SageRider(Minden, NV), Hopz(Salt Lake City, UT), Whip (SanAntonio, TX), IrishMike(Highland Village, TX), murrayg (Bentonville, AR), Bud(S. IL), Randy(Atlanta, GA)

This is a last call for any one interested.

Final decision will be made on June 6th.

Archived