IGNORED

I did not have time to get back to all the other post, and now seems closed

bmwf800gs

So The last thing that happened is Carol called me.I said due to the fact that the motorcycle has made me miss soo many days/late to work along with break downs I can not safely ride it any longer. She said fine she is closing my case.

She also said she would FED EX me money for my problems a couple calls ago. The money never came!

I am still stuck with a lemon motorcycle and company, seemingly.

For those that say I am a crank, lier, etc. NOW is your chance to buy my wonderful motorcycle. Put your money where your mouth is.

To all those that understand or try to understand the hell BMW is putting me through, I say thank you for your help and ideas.

I will continue to put the truth out there where and how I can to warn people.

So...is this another unhappy BMW owner? Spent the bucks for a premium ride only to discover a product that does not live up to the hype? Could this be the reality of BMW?

What the heck are we talking about?

You've been looking for a lighter bike than the GS -- here's an opportunity. :thumbsup:

Since the OP bought his bike at Battley BMW in Gaithersburg, you are probably one of the closest people to the seller. Unless he's a troll living under a bridge.

dEar SIr... I m very Intrstd in buyin ur BMW motorcecle. I will send money frum mi account in Nigeria. I will heve my associate contact u to arrang fur pickup. I agree to yur price of $605. I shall send money in the form of 3800 euros from a lottery win. PLease send the difference with the motorcycle.

:grin:

I'll go $1800, and pay for shipping (from the dealer), but first I need to see copies of all the repair invoices. So far all I know is you're very unhappy with the dealer and there was an oil leak, and maybe a few other issues.

That's THREE TIMES your best offer so far. Just the kind of guy I am....

I'll go $1800, and pay for shipping (from the dealer), but first I need to see copies of all the repair invoices. So far all I know is you're very unhappy with the dealer and there was an oil leak, and maybe a few other issues.

That's THREE TIMES your best offer so far. Just the kind of guy I am....

I will trade him straight up for my proven, functional and fun KLR 650......an '05, the fastest red color.

Here's the problem... You have no credibility on this board.

Your first post relating to your bike was a rant.

The post is locked after nearly a week in which you chose not to reply.

Now you start a new thread stating:

I did not have time

and

I will continue to put the truth out there where and how I can to warn people.

If you have the time to rant, it's hard to believe you do not have time to respond. Several suggestions in the prior thread were right on target, but in this thread (another rant), it does not appear that you have learned anything from the advice received.

As such, it's hard to take your truth and warning with anything other than a grain of salt.

I strongly recommend you follow 1BMWFan's advice from the previous thread.

No matter how pissed off you may be, ranting rarely gains one anything....

So...is this another unhappy BMW owner? Spent the bucks for a premium ride only to discover a product that does not live up to the hype? Could this be the reality of BMW?

Sadly that has been my case with 2, 2007 GSA's. I feel his pain. BMW did NOTHING for me.

Sadly that has been my case with 2, 2007 GSA's. I feel his pain. BMW did NOTHING for me.

You handled the situation (at least publicly) very well. At least from my vantage point, you refused to let the trip become the trip from hell! (Of course, I can only imagine some of the family conversations on the trip....)

Me and a buddy are going halvsies on it, we will go $801.00

Joking aside {unless he really will sell me his F800gs for 801}

I would not argue that people have had problems with BMWs and may have even had poor service from their local dealer or rep.

But it is stupid to make blanket statements that the company as a whole is bad or wrong. Not saying that the OP is stupid per say, but it is a big jump to the conclusion that BMW is crap, considering it is one of the few MC companies that is profitable right now. That would be an amazing feat if they were all crap.

That would be like Dodge being the number 1 car company in the world.....HAHAHA...just kidding Dodge fans

I guess my theory is wrong though since FORD IS the number 1 Car Co. in the world and they do build crap....I will duck now...lol

No if it is time and bandwidth, etc that you are worried about just get rid of all the childish/BMW employee/BMW groupie replies.

This is a forum for people to communicate the good and bad for all to see and learn from.

I will again post names and numbers of some of those at BMW that have worked hard to screw customers and possible customers to prove the facts, If needed.

If you notice I am not the only person on the web that has been treated badly by their motorcycle and BMW!

I am doing a public service by putting facts on the web for all to learn from.

No if it is time and bandwidth, etc that you are worried about just get rid of all the childish/BMW employee/BMW groupie replies.

This is a forum for people to communicate the good and bad for all to see and learn from.

I will again post names and numbers of some of those at BMW that have worked hard to screw customers and possible customers to prove the facts, If needed.

If you notice I am not the only person on the web that has been treated badly by their motorcycle and BMW!

A public service? A public service is picking up the garbage at my house, not dropping off a load.

You are a true Hero and the USA....say more....I mean the world, needs more like you.

Ya know, before the Internet, one could buy a product and live with it, with all its warts and good sides, in relative peace. Taking each day in stride, dealing with their decision only.

However, today, if one wants to be part of the information revolution, they must with stand ALL complaints/rants of everyone who wants you to know about "it".

Makes you want to go back to the corner shop, sit a spell, spit, chew, have a pop and talk about what broke and what didn't and then pay the PA, of this MA and PA establishment for fixing the damn thing...then ride it home, while just smiling at the neighbors. Oh yes, the good old days.

The sad part in all these exchanges or perhaps the realistic part, is the same set of encounters, responses and outcomes presented to this OP, will never ever happen exactly the same way to any other person. Yes, it might come close or be just the opposite...so hearing this story and really getting any benefit from it would be a rare event. But rare events do happen...kinda like a lottery.

OP: here are some small suggestions that might help solve some of your issues.

1. If your problem is a leaking valve cover gasket on the 800 engine, why not just do it yourself? It's easier to buy the part on the internet and replace it at home than going through the hassle of taking the bike to a dealership. It's probably cheaper in the long run, as well. It is rarely cost effective to have a minor issue repaired under warranty, unless replacing a valve cover gasket is beyond your mechanical abilities. This issue and repair has been written up over on the 800 boards.

2. In all fairness, since you have publicly posted the names and phone numbers of BMWNA employees, why don't you post your real name and phone number?

3. Finally, you might find that your angry rants might be taken more seriously if you asked someone to help you with your spelling, punctuation, grammar, and formatting before you hit submit. Surely there is a native speaker of English at your workplace or in your neighborhood.

Hope this helps.

BMW doesn't "take care of" problems by Fed X'n an envelope of money to a customer.

You may have a lemon bike.

That's a shame.

Thre are avenues of recourse and I've seen personally and read of resolutions.

Your tale is outside the parameters of those experiences.

Perhaps you'll find a way to work it out.

But your credibility is an issue as you're not a known quantity and have no track record here.

If you think we're being childish, I'd suggest you may have found part of the problem with resolving your particular issues.

You still don't get it, do you?

Totally counter productive.

Doesn't help you.

Doesn't help us.

Doesn't provide us with any facts at all.

I still refer you back to 1BMWFan's post in the original thread for how to document and negotiate resolution of your issues.

Providing phone numbers in hopes of generating harrassment is, well, immature is the politest term I can think of.

Irrelevant. What difference does that make to your case?

Still waiting for your facts to be posted in a coherent manner.

Facts such as for each new problem: Description of problem. Repair Action. Repair resolution. Issues with repair. Steps taken to resolve issues with repair. Final resolution or status.

If you present to your dealer and BMW as you do to this board, is it any wonder that you have not received the response you desire?

In response to:

Poster: SageRider

Subject: Re: I did not have time to get back to all the other post, and now seems closed

Originally Posted By: bmwf800gs

You still don't get it, do you?

Totally counter productive.

Doesn't help you.

Doesn't help us.

Doesn't provide us with any facts at all.

I still refer you back to 1BMWFan's post in the original thread for how to document and negotiate resolution of your issues.

Providing phone numbers in hopes of generating harrassment is, well, immature is the politest term I can think of.

Irrelevant. What difference does that make to your case?

Still waiting for your facts to be posted in a coherent manner.

Facts such as for each new problem: Description of problem. Repair Action. Repair resolution. Issues with repair. Steps taken to resolve issues with repair. Final resolution or status.

If you present to your dealer and BMW as you do to this board, is it any wonder that you have not received the response you desire?

+1

OP:

2. In all fairness, since you have publicly posted the names and phone numbers of BMWNA employees, why don't you post your real name and phone number?

+ 1

You come off like a total tool. Your 3 posts have disregarded all attempts by posters to be of service and offer constructive advice. In fact, you've ignored every post. Given your attitude, it's not surprising you've encountered difficulty in resolving issues - and your credibility is quite suspect. While I have no doubt that you have encountered some issues, it's not clear at all just who is responsible for some of the damage you are laying at BMW or it's dealers and me thinks we'd hear a totally different story from others involved when they did try to help you.

You are a troll with stinky bait.

Nothing to me whether this thread stays or goes.

You did not come here to offer anything helpful, which is what this place is really about. You would know that if you had spent more then 15 minutes here before you posted.

For the side open responses you think you want, try here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Let us know how that works out for you.......Or not. Your choice.

LIKE HELL YOU WILL!

If you want to post the names and the work numbers of the people with whom you dealt and from whom you feel you received inadequate response, we'll review the legal exposure to this board and decide accordingly. If you're going to use this forum to libel individuals or a corporation by attempting to defame their character in print, or attempt to cause deliberate and premeditated damage to their business possibly in violation of the Lanham Act, you're going to find yourself on a hellaciously fast trip down a very long and permanent dark hole.

Capiche?

I have messed up service on my own bmw and ended up with a valve cover leak....do i got to post my name and number and how stupid I am?

I would be ok with that...i know im a moron :rofl:

my wife reminds me at times :dopeslap::P

skinny_tom (aka boney)

In before the ban!

Anyone surprised the OP is MIA again?

I'll go $750. Maybe that'll bring him back

eXSQUEEZE mE, team flubber -- but we have an $1800.00 bid on the floor...

Now - let's get it on.!!

Let the bidding fly

Me thinks this bmwf800gs fellow is laughing his bootie off at the responses he's getting. Probably even a perturbed BMWST member with a reasonable amount of IT knowledge to post from a different IP address and not identify himself as a known entity. These two threads are his first posts. He doesn't provide a location or other information. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

Shut him down.

Archived