IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

Rocks,

My wife is also flying into UN. She is finding flights are limited and more costly to Charlotte compared to Tri cities airport in Tenessee, hour + drive to little Switerland.

Looking forward to riding together, let's hope the generosity of the LEO's in the south are similar to there northern brethren. :grin:

If you come down I81 beware Wytheville and Wythe County right where I81 and I 70 come together. They are a known speed trap, Right Keith?

Well, that big transition in my job that was supossed to begin in August may have just been delayed for quite some months.

So, there's a slight chance I may yet be there for a couple days afterall. Won't know for certain for quite some time.

I know I'd love to be there at least a little!

Well, that big transition in my job that was supossed to begin in August may have just been delayed for quite some months.

So, there's a slight chance I may yet be there for a couple days afterall. Won't know for certain for quite some time.

I know I'd love to be there at least a little!

Then make it so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocks,

My wife is also flying into UN. She is finding flights are limited and more costly to Charlotte compared to Tri cities airport in Tenessee, hour + drive to little Switerland.

Looking forward to riding together, let's hope the generosity of the LEO's in the south are similar to there northern brethren. :grin:

If you come down I81 beware Wytheville and Wythe County right where I81 and I 70 come together. They are a known speed trap, Right Keith?

Nothing to see here people.......move along :P

Rocks,

Just so we're clear, I think you mean where I-81 and I-77 come together?

Rocks,

Just so we're clear, I think you mean where I-81 and I-77 come together?

You are correct it is I-81 and I-77

• 2 weeks later...
... Somehow I think we used up our good luck... remember down there the Civil War is alive and kicking! :grin:

"Ride faster, I hear banjos!" :eek:

has anything been determined about the possibility of on site camping?

:lurk:

It's all about the suspense...

I keep forgetting to call guys, I apologize. I WILL have an answer for you Monday afternoon.

New guy here, is it still possible to register this late? Are there spots at the hotel still available?

Check 4 posts up or call 1.828.765.2153 or 1.800.654.4026

has anything been determined about the possibility of on site camping?

:lurk:

It's all about the suspense...

I keep forgetting to call guys, I apologize. I WILL have an answer for you Monday afternoon.

WELL? :eek:

Sorry Ken, hell day in the office. I will have an answer tomorrow. I was told a while back that we'd be fine for camping but I haven't gotten confirmation on the rate and the facilities.

I will have that info tomorrow or Wednesday.

New guy here, is it still possible to register this late? Are there spots at the hotel still available?

Chris, please make sure that you register via the website first before calling the hotel. You must be registered as an attendee to reserve a room.

I will NOT be attending as we have just confirmed a trip that conflicts with the UnRally schedule ;-(

Mike, this drops me off of the Pied Piper list also. Thanks for spear heading that.

Best of luck to all attendees, be safe have fun

Tony

Calvin  (no socks)

e-mail....sent at the speed of light, tipped 16 servers, bounced off a dozen cell towers, streamed thru 3000 miles of fiber optic cable and no one is home...so much for the fluff....I can sleep in the parking lot, eat a ham sandwich and make my own coffee...all before sunrise....... ;) I'm just sayin...

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!!!

Okay, so at some point, when one's schedule is so unruly that you just can't seem to plan on anything that you simply have to pull the trigger and hope for the best. Today was that day for me.

I miss you all!!! :wave: and so, I'm hoping to make it to the UN X, even if only for a day or two at the beginning of the week.

Counting down the day :clap:

Matts_12GS

We are almost sold out for rooms at the Inn, so if you are thinking of going, please book now so that Shawn and I have time to identify and negotiate with an overflow hotel.

Matt, thanks for the "push" We're IN (Joanne and me), arriving Sunday, leaving Thursday. Got her convinced this is a GREAT way to celebrate our anniversary!

Looking forward to a FUN time and great company. :thumbsup:

BTW, Nicky at the Inn said just now that there are only 3 rooms left.....get it in gear!

Matt, thanks for the "push" We're IN (Joanne and me), arriving Sunday, leaving Thursday. Got her convinced this is a GREAT way to celebrate our anniversary!

It might be your last anniversary once she meets this group :dopeslap:

Matts_12GS

Looking forward to a FUN time and great company. :thumbsup:

BTW, Nicky at the Inn said just now that there are only 3 rooms left.....get it in gear!

That's great news Steve! I am sure she'll have a great time, there's a lot of "off the bike" stuff in the area to explore as well as the great riding area.

In!!!

One room left, excited to be back in NC/TN/VA for the rides and BMWST friends!

And what do you know, our room is next door to twin brother Steve's (SSTwin) room!

See you in August.

GSTWIN :Cool:

As of May 5, 12:39, rooms are still available in both the main lodge and in the MC. I feared I had procrastinated too long, but apparently not.

Update: The woman who took my reservation called back, and said she had made a mistake, and booked me for September 8-11, rather than August. Diamondback Lodge is fully booked for August 8-11. She apologized for the error, and put me in another facility at Switzerland Inn, but at the Diamondback Lodge rate. I'm impressed with the customer service so far.

As of May 5, 12:39, rooms are still available in both the main lodge and in the MC. I feared I had procrastinated too long, but apparently not.

Not to worry, a few weeks before the event atendees will be dropping like flys. I never say in until about 2 weeks before just for that reason.

Calvin  (no socks)

I guess I won't be camping in the parking lot :cry:

....got a cabin at the Inn, so......... IN!

Matts_12GS
I guess I won't be camping in the parking lot :cry:

....got a cabin at the Inn, so......... IN!

w00t!

• 2 weeks later...

I was already registered as pillion with my husband. Things have changed. After many trials and failures, we have finally found a helmet/goggle combination that protects my eye and makes it possible to ride my own.

So, I'm IN on my new F650GS! I pick up the bike in the morning. They let me do an extended test ride to make sure everything worked for me.

It feels good to ride again! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the UN.

leeinmemphis

well I just changed my plans. Decided to go ahead and get a room at the Inn instead of camping. Scheduled to check in 8/7 and out 8/11

Lone_RT_rider

It's time to set a date to have the registration finalized.

July 1st is the date that we absolutely need to have everything wrapped up and completed by. At that point all will be closed and the funds will be dispersed to the hotel for the dinners and such. With the time-lines for getting the shirt, dinners and everything else, this is the LAST DAY registration can be made.

I think most everyone is signed up at this point, but if there are any stragglers you might want to get crackin! Let's get these things IN! :)

Matt and I are proud to present Un-Rally X in Little Switzerland, North Carolina!!!!

August 8th – 11th, 2011

It’s finally time to kick off Un-Rally X! We started scheming about this possibility 2009 some over a perfectly prepared lobster in the midst of some beautiful New England scenery. We are absolutely ecstatic to offer up this picturesque location in the middle of the North Carolina Smokey mountains just a few hundred feet of the Blue Ridge parkway!

Registration: Registration should be done on the Unrally X page below!

http://www.unrally10.com/registration.php

You must register and pre-pay for the event before the hotel will accept a reservation. The hotel has access to the paid list and will turn you away if you have not made this payment.

The hotels winter hours are Mon, Wed and Fri from 9 AM to 1 PM EST. You must call during these hours to make a reservation.

The registration fees include the Saturday night dinner, an ice-cream social, a t-shirt and a few other tokens in your Un-Rally bag.

There is information on the Hotel at the following links.

http://www.unrally10.com/

http://www.switzerlandinn.com/

Matt and I are really looking forward to seeing all of you there!

So let's hear it, who's IN (UN)?

leeinmemphis
Excellent Lee! Still bringing one of the kids with you?.

I don't think so. That is their first week of school so I doubt my wife will agree to kindly to me pulling one of them out of school for a m/c trip. :)

leeinmemphis
What's the latest on room availability at the lodge?

They had a cabin still available but they said that I got the last room and I only got it because someone from here had just cancelled it.

Bummed! I finally get back on 2 wheels and I'm going to be missing the UN because I'll be recovering from surgery.

On a related note, if anybody is going to be passing thru Beaverdam, Va. (north west of Richmond, East of Charlotessvile) let me know and stop on by. I should be good to go just not allowed to ride for at lease six weeks after July 15th.

OldBMWMaster

No rooms available. No cabins available. Barbie and I are looking for other places. Any suggestions? Anyone need a roomie? Any cancellations?