IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

Not a ghost of a chance I can make it, but I'm blown away! Ten years since Gunny????? Who'd-a thunk it??

The headlights may have changed....

1198181061_ZGekK-XL.jpg

The headlights may have changed....

Not the high beams they once were?

---

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

QUICK - Room available!!!!

Deb and I just cancelled our room with the Switzerland Inn via Email. We will definitely be at Spring Torrey but, due to family stuff, had to cancel our August Un trip.

See you at Spring Torrey :) !

Sorry to hear that Phil, I was looking forward to meeting you guys. I guess I'll have to come back west. Besides there's a place in Kville that makes great breakfast burritos that I'm ready to hit again.

Hey Matt :wave:

Yeah, we're sorry too but there you have it :(.

And, as you know, good eats and great ridin' abound in the Texas Hill Country :thumbsup:

Come on down y'all :) !

A party for my birthday? You shouldn't have. OK, you should but I'll try to stay modest (I don't think its working, honestly). :grin:

Now to figure out if I can actually make it there or if you all must celebrate without me. (That would be sad.) :cry:

Your modesty is second to your humility....

Get on your motorcycle and ride it up there, it's a beautiful place!

I looked up modesty. Yeah, not gonna happen! :grin:

As for the UN, after conversing with the other half, it looks like a go. :thumbsup: So who's buying me my birthday beer? :clap:

I expect to leave from the Gainesville, FL area on Sunday morning after staging up from Sarasota the night before. If there are any other FL or S. GA riders who want to travel together, PM me. Plans are flexible, just staying off the slab.

I'll register in a few days, trying to talk my sister & her husband into coming down from IN on thier GW. Gotta check on room availability, too.

That is a pretty similar plan to what we have. Let's get together and see what trouble can be found!

Abso-tively! I can do trouble with my eyes closed. PM sent.

Registration complete. Check is in today's mail. Guess that means I'm in at the UN. :thumbsup:

Now for the beer research.(My other passion). :grin:

Edited by Fubar
Nice n Easy Rider
Registration complete. Check is in today's mail. Guess that means I'm in at the UN. :thumbsup:

Gee, Asheville is less than 50 miles from our UN site. Maybe someone could talk one of the microbreweries there into coming up and doing a beer tasting one evening.

Microbreweries and Locally Crafted Beer

From IPAs to ambers, ESPs to porters, Asheville’s craft breweries receive high marks from beer enthusiasts worldwide. Taking their cue from traditional styles of brewing, each of Asheville’s nine microbreweries adds a bit of the mountains to every batch. :)

Gee, Asheville is less than 50 miles from our UN site. Maybe someone could talk one of the microbreweries there into coming up and doing a beer tasting one evening.

From IPAs to ambers, ESPs to porters, Asheville’s craft breweries receive high marks from beer enthusiasts worldwide. Taking their cue from traditional styles of brewing, each of Asheville’s nine microbreweries adds a bit of the mountains to every batch. :)

Actually, I'm talking to the owners of one of the breweries that I know up there...

I can't say any more just yet...

Actually, I'm talking to the owners of one of the breweries that I know up there...

It blows me away that you would know the owner of a brewery :rofl:

It blows me away that you would know the owner of a brewery :rofl:

If I told you it was a purely professional relationship based on my wine store, would you believe me? :rofl:

I know. And the phrase "beer run" has rarely sounded so good with such fun roads to ride there on. :grin:

I'm drooling at the thought of it. Guess I need to pop open that growler from Cigar City Brewing this evening. I'll check my sources as well to plan a "pub ride" of sorts.

P.S. Porters, stouts and Belgians are high on my list.

B-double E double R U N... Beer Run

thanks to Robert Earl Keen.... I heard he might come to the UN...

Todd Snider disagrees ;-), but there will be an impression of that song done at least once during the UN.

[quote=Matts_VSTROM Todd Snider disagrees ;-), but there will be an impression of that song done at least once during the UN.

Matt,

You singing never impressed anyone. :grin:

of course Todd did the song but in the lyrics ... they were at a REK concert... motivation enough for all of us.

Yep, on a pawn shop guitar

• 3 weeks later...

Shawn, Matt and all those I will miss at the UnRally,

I am really disappointed but I will not be able to attend this year. Simply too much going on with my family - only daughter's weddings in early September, family health issues, etc.

Just canceled my room reservation today. Nice room in the main lodge now available ($95.54 with tax included/night).

Got a pub crawl worked out in Asheville. Nine different places available all within a one mile walk from start to finish. Two more can be added for another 2/3 mile. Park in the middle and wander, drink, mosey, eat, meander, imbibe, shop, stroll, quaff, etc. all right in the center of downtown. :clap: (Strangely, I want a beer).

Paul Mihalka
Got a pub crawl worked out in Asheville. Nine different places available all within a one mile walk from start to finish. Two more can be added for another 2/3 mile. Park in the middle and wander, drink, mosey, eat, meander, imbibe, shop, stroll, quaff, etc. all right in the center of downtown. :clap: (Strangely, I want a beer).

Yeah, but how do you get back to Little Switzerland?

Exactly!

I'll save my adult imbibing for the parking lot at the hotel :D

Lone_RT_rider

Exactly!

I'll save my adult imbibing for the parking lot at the hotel :D

Thankfully there is a full scale English pub right on site at the Little Switzerland Inn. :)

Click on this link and scroll down to the map on the bottom. Then click on number 8 on the map. :grin:

Shawn

Well, I suggest responsible drinking prior to riding. Also, there is an awesome store downtown as well(Bruisin' Ales) so you can purchase then return to L.S. and drink in any fashion you like there. Maybe bring an empty growler or two to facilitate transport from the breweries.

Personally, I will do all of those.

Edited by Fubar

Maybe a van can be hired if there's enough interest.

I'll go out on a limb here and thank you for the effort to do this on your part, but PLEASE..... Run this kind of stuff by Shawn and I first before any kind of announcement is made.

Good, we can pile a bunch of people in the back of the truck. And they would get all kinds of fresh air.

That should be a fun drive on NC-226ALT back to the UN. :rofl:

I am up for the bus or van trip. I love the different bars in Asheville and did not get to visit as many as I wanted last trip, as we needed to drive back to a hotel.

Good, we can pile a bunch of people in the back of the truck. And they would get all kinds of fresh air.

There's nothing new under the UN

cody_in_truck.jpg

:grin: The dialog coming from the back seat was a digestive aid

The UN in Cody, WY

Those were the BEST STEAKS I ever ate!

1200344892_oxdXx-L.jpg

1200344925_xdyC6-L.jpg

Think I'll two-wheel it and avoid the "return of the lunch" views. :eek:

I was wondering the same thing.

Also what would be the closest large airport, as my wife may fly in.

Still trying to make this work....

I was wondering the same thing.

Also what would be the closest large airport, as my wife may fly in.

Still trying to make this work....

The nearest big airport would likely be Charlotte.

I will call and check on the hotel and get a camping report as well.

I think we'll go ahead and extend registration for at least another month or so as people are still working on their summer vacations.

Rocks,

My wife is also flying into UN. She is finding flights are limited and more costly to Charlotte compared to Tri cities airport in Tenessee, hour + drive to little Switerland.

Looking forward to riding together, let's hope the generosity of the LEO's in the south are similar to there northern brethren. :grin:

I have been holding out on registering as Karen was not going to make it this year and I didn’t like the idea of leaving her behind. But all that has changed…

She was able to convince her boss to allow her to train the CFO and her group during the 3rd week of our vacation in Asia and therefore freeing up a week for the UN!

Signed up last night and booked the room this morning.

We are thrilled to be able to participate in this adventure once again. See you guys soon.

Cheers.

Rocks,

My wife is also flying into UN. She is finding flights are limited and more costly to Charlotte compared to Tri cities airport in Tenessee, hour + drive to little Switerland.

Looking forward to riding together, let's hope the generosity of the LEO's in the south are similar to there northern brethren. :grin:

Thanks Ray... will look into the Tri Cities... Somehow I think we used up our good luck... remember down there the Civil War is alive and kicking! :grin:

Edited by rocks