IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

Looks like a fun event. Can anyone join in?
Anybody . . . BUT YOU!!!! :grin:

I think we added a clause this year that you had to have a certain number of posts per year to be ELIGIBLE to come to the UnRally. :eek:

We also added an upper limit . . . so Russell will not be joining us either. :rofl:

Darn, Jamie you caught me out. I was having a good laugh at the 'newbies take like chicken' comments.

Hey, how can I keep my miles/post record by having to post a cetain amount per year?????

OK how about this- I promise not to buy any raffle tickets at UN 10. Will this allow me a pass? The special whiskey and gift certificates etc can then be available to others........

P.S. I'll get my wife to buy the raffle tickets

UN? - I've never met an UN I didn't like.

Hotel reservation made. I got a room at the "Diamondback Motorcycle Lodge" - hey, I ride a motorcycle. $69 + tax. Simple but has a bed and a shower, all I need. If I want more, I can always hang out in Marcopolo's luxury suite. :grin:

Registered/paid, hotel reservation made & shirt sizes specified. :)

Thanks to all for putting this together, with a extra nod to Bob (Killer) for getting my registration issues fixed.

Will absolutely bring along Matt's special "Texas" Vodka.

Looking forward to it!

Hotel reservation made. I got a room at the "Diamondback Motorcycle Lodge" - hey, I ride a motorcycle. $69 + tax. Simple but has a bed and a shower, all I need. If I want more, I can always hang out in Marcopolo's luxury suite. :grin:

Free for you, Paul; $5 surcharge for riff raff.

Im IN, sent the payment this morning and made my Hotel reservations, cant wait. The girl I talked to at the Inn said there are about 30 rooms left.

I spoke to them the other day. VERY nice people.

I am in Chanticleer, on the top/2nd floor with a "wonderful view".

Checking in Sunday and out on Friday morning.

I'm waiting to see where the Pied Piper comes through before I plan my route south.

Is it too early to plan the route...NO :grin:

This Is Going To Be So Much Fun!!!!

TIGTBSMF :clap:

Also in 2nd fl Chanticleer, bringing a bud or 2 from eastern NC for what will likely be our 4th or 5th 2011 run in the NC mountains by then.

LOTS of miles of good roads, many unpublished. Get some good local maps- you'll want them to get lost after you've had your fill of the well known stuff like 28, Dragon, Cherohala, BRP- that's not even 10% of what's around. And plenty of GS trails for those who bring one. 50s at night, 80s in the day at elevation- hotter and more humid as you go lower. A chance of showers around the bend some days but they don't last long that time of year. The elk are never in season and too big to hunt with a bike....watch out for the deer especially just after dark.

Good local brews, too. (Moonshine isn't so much a local drink as it was a cash "crop" run into larger cities. It was still commonly and illegally sold on the streets 30 yrs ago, less so now- not enough $ in it these days)

See y'all there and some of you likely sooner.

Rooms are disappearing fast - main lodge probably already gone. Don't dawdle if you want an on-site room. Looks like those camping spots on site may become possible??

enjoy for me, this is one time of year I have a meeting I cannot escape. Sorry I can't make it. I will count on Sturgis to drink a beer for me.

enjoy for me, this is one time of year I have a meeting I cannot escape. Sorry I can't make it. I will count on Sturgis to drink a beer for me.

Don't worry, we will all tip a glass to you. :grin:

IN

The work gods have finally aligned the school schedule and play time in my favor.

Can I bring along my Harley ridin son and son-in-law?

IN

The work gods have finally aligned the school schedule and play time in my favor.

Can I bring along my Harley ridin son and son-in-law?

All are Welcome :thumbsup:

A fellow member tipped me off that rooms may be going fast so I logged on and made my rally and hotel reservations. I've always wanted to see that part of the country and now I'll be able to do it with a bunch of friends. See ya'll there!

A fellow member tipped me off that rooms may be going fast so I logged on and made my rally and hotel reservations. I've always wanted to see that part of the country and now I'll be able to do it with a bunch of friends. See ya'll there!

Awesome Randy! Looking forward to meeting you.

Matt there is only one "Randy" on this board. He will have to go by beemerboy for the UN :-)

Beemerboy, looking forward to another "cool" guy at the UN for a change

Edited by randy

Rooms are going fast. No more upstairs mountain views left. We're in!

FYI - some of you folks looking for a little cheaper room may want to check out the Diamond Back Lodge motorcycle area on the property at the Switzerland Inn.

Diamondback Lodge

I've been trying to get a confirmation that S Inn got my reservation for Diamondback Lodge or if no rooms there a room at the main lodge. I've called twice and left messages sent 2 emails and today faxed but still no response. I checked Bob's list and Gar and I are on there and paid. Is there a magic number I should be using or do I just assume I'm in. I've been using the toll free number on their website. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I just checked my AMX account and I've been charged what looks like a deposit so I'm not so anxious but I'd still like an acknowledgment of what room we'll be in.

Edited by gottago

They sent me a email with the confirmation number in it a couple of days after I called.

Weather is pretty bad up there I'd try again in a day or so.

Wish I could be there but I have a long standing date in Machu Picchu at that time. I hope to make another Un but it won't be this year. :cry::cry:

Maybe next year.

Roy

Wish I could be there but I have a long standing date in Machu Picchu at that time. I hope to make another Un but it won't be this year. :cry::cry:

Maybe next year.

Roy

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! What do you mean you're NOT coming???? :dopeslap:

Not only are we TOTALLY bummed we're going to miss seeing you, but now how are we going to document all this FUN?!?!?!?!? :cry:

You know . . . Machu Picchu has been there for thousands of years, it's NOT going anywhere . . . it'll wait for you! :Wink:

[break]

Okay, Russell ("ittech"): the pressure's on you now! You've got a bit of a longer ride this year! :grin:

For those who missed Russell's excellent photos of the last UnRally, you can find them here!

hey now, do not give away our secret. I a looking to see if there is some tubing option close by. and just for that you will be in the boat I tip over :-)

Maybe next year.

Roy

You'll be missed Roy. Make sure to bring a spare camera to Machu, we wouldn't want to miss any of those shots you can get there because of some freak thing happening. Enjoy your trip, I am sure we can make a presentable collage up with some point and shoots.

Matt there is only one "Randy" on this board. He will have to go by beemerboy for the UN :-)

Beemerboy, looking forward to another "cool" guy at the UN for a change

Cool. Maybe we'll have a simultaneous "Randy" rally at the uN!! It'll be party central with lots of babes in bikini's and adult beverages! :clap:

thanks beemerboy, my wife occassionaly visit's this site, so now I will probably be barred from this event, and probably all other events were you are in attendance :rofl:

IN! Although I've mostly lurked here, I've wanted to do an UN for a long time. Great location!

Another new face in the crowd, from Joizey no less. Cool!

You won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

I just registered and selected "other" for accommodations because I would like to camp either onsite or at a local campground. If onsite camping becomes an options I would definitely prefer to go that route. Thanks!

got an email with confirmation number. We'll be at the Diamondback Lodge with Paul for a neighbor. I know it's a long way off but really getting excited. Can't wait.

got an email with confirmation number. We'll be at the Diamondback Lodge with Paul for a neighbor. I know it's a long way off but really getting excited. Can't wait.
:thumbsup::wave:

I just got off the phone with Gary at the hotel and he is quite happy with everyone's response so far! We are over 70% booked for the week so far and I am going to work with Gary's recommendations for overflow hotels.

We are finalizing the details for those who wish to camp and once sold out will post those.

Thanks everyone, this is going to be a GREAT event!

I just got off the phone with Gary at the hotel and he is quite happy with everyone's response so far! We are over 70% booked for the week so far and I am going to work with Gary's recommendations for overflow hotels.

We are finalizing the details for those who wish to camp and once sold out will post those.

Thanks everyone, this is going to be a GREAT event!

Thanks! I would like to camp onsite if possible. I am holding off making any campsite arrangements until I hear whether or not this will be available. Thanks again.

Is it time to go yet?

We had our first shot of snow yesterday and it really made me homesick for riding. I'm really pissed at myself for not getting out more over the past 6 months.