IGNORED

Asplosives-laden house to be deliberately burned

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

This should make for some interesting video:

ESCONDIDO: Preparations begin for burning of 'bomb factory' home

Summary:

Guy gets arrested for illegal manufacture of asplosives after gardener injures himself on an improvised landmine. Authorities have found so much asplosive material and hazardous chemicals stored in and around the house that they have decided the safest course of action is to build a fireproof wall around the lot and burn the house down.

Could happen as soon as Wednesday...

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

Dave McReynolds

Similar to things I've heard about houses that were used as meth labs. So much toxic substances remained that the houses were total losses and had to be raized.

BTW, at first I thought you'd made a typo, but apparently not. What is the difference between asplosive and explosive?

Whenever a Weeaboo says "Asplosives" instead of "Explosives" I figure there must be a reason. But this one is going over my google search assisted head. :)

OBOD (open burn / open detonation) is the method of choice for disposing unstable explosives that are too dangerous to move. The residents are right to be concerned that officials have properly identified the amounts and planned appropriate containment, but I really don't see that there is any other choice.

Joe Frickin' Friday
BTW, at first I thought you'd made a typo, but apparently not. What is the difference between asplosive and explosive?

here.

5348.jpg.b71a57c1dccd4f47f27ec2bba17a67ff.jpg

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I thought the thread on carrying the bomb in the rectum for 30 hours answered the asplode question.

A couple of those home owners should not expect to return home. I doubt that the authorities want to announce what the TNT equivalent (a minimum best guess since they just don't know) is for this burn. Open burns rarely go high order but, stuff happens with impact senstive primary explosives like PETN. Things fall down when houses are burning.

If I was a home owner nearby, Id be going crazy about what to do.

If this does turn into some limited environmental disaster for nearby residents, I wonder how the outcome will unfold in terms of insurance coverages. What about the absent landlord that owns the house to be destroyed. Since he has lost all rights in terms of his house, what will his insurance company say. I hope those firemen who will be there are going to be ok. Its gonna be interesting.

I thought the thread on carrying the bomb in the rectum for 30 hours answered the asplode question.

A lack of time has prevented me from responding to this earlier, but I wanted to commend you, Peter. This kept me chuckling all night.

Archived