IGNORED

Amalie Mine - Calantie Creek Rd

mrduck

Went for a ride on Friday with Cornelius and Steve to check out an old mine I heard about from a guy that claims he worked there in his youth. Good roads, decent weather, great company!

DSCN1307.jpg

The old mine, right on the edge of the road. Been by here several times and never realized what's here.

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1312.jpg

The stamping plant. Unfortunatly the taggers have also found the place so no pics of the interior. Very tastless "artwork" even by my standards!

DSCN1316.jpg

The mine shaft. We went in about 50 feet or so and the flashlight showed another 100 feet of tunnel, we decided that was far enough

DSCN1320.jpg

Old adobe ruins across the road,might have been the mine owners house back then. Lots of cattle out on the road,and stopped in at the Twin Oaks Cafe for lunch. The food was unremarkable, but the guy(?) cooking is in the middle of some "changes"....I seem to allways find these weird people :eek:

Don J :wave:Thanks for the look

My Wife's Dad had a few acres back on a dirt road out of Twin Oaks. Real right wing gun freak neighborhood. Ideal for the frantic survivalists. The cows can carry on an intelligent conversation though.

That is pretty country side. Have you done Breckenridge road yet? It's a real pip.

I have road past that a number of times, never stopped. Going into lake Isabella on the left hand side is a Mexican restaurant that is very good and priced right. I should go up there before Tehachapi freezes over. Thanks for the info.

I have road past that a number of times, never stopped. Going into lake Isabella on the left hand side is a Mexican restaurant that is very good and priced right. I should go up there before Tehachapi freezes over. Thanks for the info.

A little ice and snow, ain't the first time :rofl:

You better let me know when!

Don J :wave:

Ladies

Did you mean Caliente Creek, as in Caliente-Bodfish. Indeed a very fine road, and nice ride.

dc

Yeah yeah,OK,that stuff drives our resident school principal nutz too :rofl:

Oh,

Be sure to stop by the Twin Oaks cafe,say hi to the cook....

Like one of the local women told us "they got the top half done, but they ain't split the stump yet!" :eek:

Don J :wave:

Archived