IGNORED

Relocating radio antenna

G-Rex

On my 2004 R1150RT...

Has anybody relocated their radio antenna? If so, I'd be interested to see pictures.

I don't like the antenna being in front of me, so I'm considering moving it to the back of the bike, but there aren't many options that keep it out of the way of the top case.

I'm all ears!

I've seem 'em just mounted on a piece of shaped flat bar bolted or fixed under the rear case frame. May have been a completely new panel mount antenna though.

Cheers,

Survived-til-now
On my 2004 R1150RT...

Has anybody relocated their radio antenna? If so, I'd be interested to see pictures.

I don't like the antenna being in front of me, so I'm considering moving it to the back of the bike, but there aren't many options that keep it out of the way of the top case.

I'm all ears!

Just out of interest, why do you not like the aerial where it is?

A problem with putting it at the back is that you will have to extend the aerial cable all the way to the back past electrically noisy bits of the bike....

If you do it - don't forget to put a disconnect point near to the front tupperware or you'll be cursed at service time :(

Just out of interest, why do you not like the aerial where it is?

A problem with putting it at the back is that you will have to extend the aerial cable all the way to the back past electrically noisy bits of the bike....

If you do it - don't forget to put a disconnect point near to the front tupperware or you'll be cursed at service time :(

I don't like having things flop around in front of me or in my peripheral vision attached to the bike. Just a thing.

I've already looked at cable routing, and I'm not worried about that. As for the disconnect at the front, I'll definitely do that. The factory disconnect is in a pain in the butt spot, so I'll be moving that to a more convenient location.

I 'm just trying to find a spot that doesn't involve the antenna sitting sideways against the top case. Not having much luck.

I 'm just trying to find a spot that doesn't involve the antenna sitting sideways against the top case. Not having much luck.

I have just mounted a conventional car-type antenna with a magnetic base on the top of the topbox. It is held securely by some 3M Dual-Lock.

I would add this this does not relate to an R1150RT but to a Honda Scooter with a radio in the stowage area under the seat.

Archived