IGNORED

gerbings glove liners

aterry1067

I know you're not supposed to, or they advise against it, but can you plug gerbings gloves into a synergy jacket liner? Have others done it? The plug is the same coax connector.

Morning Terry

Just being able to plug in is only half of the problem. Not all brands get along on the same required current input.

I have been playing with the new Powerlet glove liners (on loan from a friend). Those things are really-really warm and work exceptionally good. Unfortunately they work so good I can’t seem to get them to get along with the settings I use on the Gerbings jacket liner and/or heated insoles.

If I run them on the same controller channel as my jacket liner I have to turn the liner heat down too far for the liner to keep my body warm.

If I run them on the same channel as my heated boot liners same thing I need to turn the boot liners down too far to keep my feet warm.

What I would need to use the Powerlet glove liners with my existing equipment would a 3 channel heat controller or find a way to add resistors to the glove liner circuit.

This is true. During my winter gear test for MCN, I discovered that some materials (say, EXO2's FabRoc) took half the current of Gerbing's Microwire or W&S resistance wire to achieve the same or higher heat, in less time. In practice that meant if you're controlling an EXO glove through a Gerbing's liner on the same control circuit, the gloves would get way hot way fast and the liner wouldn't even be warm yet.

Mixing and matching isn't so much a problem of connection as it is of material. As DR said, the solution is to independently control each garment, or live with it to a certain extent.

-MKL

Archived