IGNORED

"Must Ride" Roads in Colorado and Utah?

RockBottom

A buddy and I are toying with a ride to Colorado and Southern Utah late next spring. We're thinking we would trailer the bikes to Fort Carson and leave the truck there, then ride for 6-8 days. Any of you locals want to recommend "must ride" roads that we should include as we plan our route? Thanks.

A buddy and I are toying with a ride to Colorado and Southern Utah late next spring. We're thinking we would trailer the bikes to Fort Carson and leave the truck there, then ride for 6-8 days. Any of you locals want to recommend "must ride" roads that we should include as we plan our route? Thanks.
UT12, UT72, UT25, Million Dollar Hwy US550.

A lot more, in Colorado: CO92 Hotchkiss/Gunnison, US24/CO82 Buena Vista/Independence Pass/Aspen, CO62/CO145/CO141 Ridgeway/Grand Junction, CO65 Delta/Grand Mesa/Grand Junction, CO133 Carbondale/Hotchkiss, CO149/US160 Gunnison/South Fork/Pagosa Springs, CO145 Placerville/Cortez, the roads around the Rocky Mountain National Park, many more. I think in Colorado West of I25 there is no bad road.

Make it real late spring. Passes can stay closed into late May, Memorial Day.

CO 72 in conjunction with going up and down the canyons between Golden, Boulder and Estes Park, especially the canyon portion of 72 "Coal Creek Canyon". My favorite just get out and ride spot.

Joe Frickin' Friday

I've offered recommendations in past threads. Rather than pasting them here, I'll refer you back to those threads, which contain a lot of helpful info from other posters as well.

Consider scheduling your trip so that you can spend a night or two in Torrey, Utah on the weekend before Memorial Day weekend; a few riders from this site will be there (by "few" I mean ~100 or so).

Utah Suggestions

I-70 through Denver in May?

66 tons of rock falls onto I-70 west of Denver

Suggestions - What Not To Miss "Out West?

Consider scheduling your trip so that you can spend a night or two in Torrey, Utah on the weekend before Memorial Day weekend; a few riders from this site will be there (by "few" I mean ~100 or so).

All the suggestions in this thread are terrific but believe me the above one is the best! :thumbsup:

Check out Butler Maps as a backup for all the great suggestions.

They make maps for both Colorado & Utah (several other states too), with plenty of detail & a rating system for the best motorcycle roads in each state.

Great product(s); enjoy your trip!

All the suggestions in this thread are terrific but believe me the above one is the best! :thumbsup:

ditto

and the Burr Trail; just do the paved part if you don't like dirt. Some of the prettiest rocks on the planet, imho

Archived