IGNORED

Here's another good one. I shouldn't open mail.

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

From my land line telephone provider.

The California High Cost Fund-A was established by the California Public Utilities Commission to promote universal service in California. Sierra Telephone files annually for support from the CHCF-A in an effort to offset high costs and keep local rates affordable for customers.

Under the conditions of the CHCF-A. Sierra Telephone is required to increase basic residential rates to 20.25 per month and lifeline rates to 6.11 per month.

Sierra Telephone filed Advice Letter 386 on Sept, 30, 2010 in compliance with CHCF-A guidelines. The following increases to the basic residential and lifeline rates will be effective Jan. 1 2011.

Basic residential service: % change is 20% increase.

So in order for my telephone rates to remain affordable they are raising them 20%. :dopeslap: Or to put it another way: in order to offset the high costs of benefits and raises for our hard working telephone employees we are increasing your rates to a point where they may not be affordable. Gee I'm so glad they got permission.

russell_bynum
From my land line telephone provider.

The California High Cost Fund-A was established by the California Public Utilities Commission to promote universal service in California. Sierra Telephone files annually for support from the CHCF-A in an effort to offset high costs and keep local rates affordable for customers.

Under the conditions of the CHCF-A. Sierra Telephone is required to increase basic residential rates to 20.25 per month and lifeline rates to 6.11 per month.

Sierra Telephone filed Advice Letter 386 on Sept, 30, 2010 in compliance with CHCF-A guidelines. The following increases to the basic residential and lifeline rates will be effective Jan. 1 2011.

Basic residential service: % change is 20% increase.

So in order for my telephone rates to remain affordable they are raising them 20%. :dopeslap: Or to put it another way: in order to offset the high costs of benefits and raises for our hard working telephone employees we are increasing your rates to a point where they may not be affordable. Gee I'm so glad they got permission.

If I'm reading it right, it is a govt-mandated increase.

Probably they had to do it because too many people were getting free phone service...so they raise the cost for the paying customers to cover the non-paying ones.

Archived