IGNORED

New Brammo Empulse RR videos

Bill_Walker

Brammo has put up some cool on-bike footage of their new Empulse RR at a Thunderhill Raceway track day and some chase-bike on-road footage. This electric bike is starting to look really exciting. 100 mile range on the longest-range version is still a bit limiting for a fun day, though.

Brammo Videos Click Here

a coal powered motorcycle, whoddathunk it?

I do think they have a real opportunity with this though. It's got enough range for my 50 mile commute with enough extra to make running it in a way that would be fun and not worrying about getting stranded.

I have high hopes for it working out as the technology needs a good test bed for longer range development.

The bike following him is a Ducati Monster. You can see it in some of the shadows, no fairings and bar end mirrors....the after that i saw he posted what it was in the thread.... :)

a coal powered motorcycle, whoddathunk it?

I do think they have a real opportunity with this though. It's got enough range for my 50 mile commute with enough extra to make running it in a way that would be fun and not worrying about getting stranded.

I have high hopes for it working out as the technology needs a good test bed for longer range development.

I would like to think it is a solar, or hydro electric bike...forget that coal burning crap. Might as well ride a gasoline bike.

I would like to think it is a solar, or hydro electric bike...forget that coal burning crap. Might as well ride a gasoline bike.

I guess it's all about what's handy to make power with. All I know for sure is that there are dozens of trains hundreds of cars long full of coal that go into the power plant near me...

Im in california, we dont have alot of that coal power here. Mostly hydro electric and some Nuclear power and a couple of wind generated power facilities. and even a few small solar plants out. No coal plants that i know of off hand, im sure we have some.

Im in california, we dont have alot of that coal power here. Mostly hydro electric and some Nuclear power and a couple of wind generated power facilities. and even a few small solar plants out. No coal plants that i know of off hand, im sure we have some.

That's because our coal-fired plants aren't in California.

bmlppowerplant.jpg

EXACTLY....we will BUY coal power from other areas, because we are greedy here, but we wont HAVE any here because we THINK we are conservationist and we are green wannabees.... :rofl:

Lets close all of Cali's deserts because there is a milkweed that we MIGHT be killing off, but when Mobil,Chevron,Shell etc...are polluting beyond their legal max we just FINE them Money rather then make them comply...

skinny_tom (aka boney)

On an interesting note, Brammo supposedly has a bike that will do 100mph and/or 100 miles on a charge.

I like everything about the idea except the name.

Great to see new technology like this being developed for sure but, my thought on it is this. Take one day of environmental pollution from industry & transportation & i'll bet it would be more pollution than all the motorcycles in the world for a hundred years.

I may be missing the point entirely, not shocking. :grin:

Pat

Great to see new technology like this being developed for sure but, my thought on it is this. Take one day of environmental pollution from industry & transportation & i'll bet it would be more pollution than all the motorcycles in the world for a hundred years.

I may be missing the point entirely, not shocking. :grin:

Pat

Actually i think you would be surprised how bad the asian world is at pollution, and a big part of it is all of the 2 stroke little bikes that are old and the use of poor quality oil. There is even a company that makeing these really cheap and in some cases government subsidised direct injection conversions for those old 2 strokes in an effort to cut down on the air pollution. Look at a photo of china or india or places like that and it is very smokey and very bad air and the streets are just packed with little bikes everywhere.

Im not saying it is worse that the industrial pollution in the world, but it is worse that you might think.

Archived