IGNORED

Hey Santa, these are some of my favorite things....

UberXY

Cool. I guess that answers the old question. Which is a quicker machine: car or motorcycle? :wave:
I wouldn't need new underpants if I explored the limits in the car.
russell_bynum

I would totally expect the bike to be quicker at Streets of Willow...it's a tight twisty track without many long corners. Put it on the big track and then come tell us how it goes.

how about the bmw 1000rr with almost 20HP more than the duck and about the same weight?

I think the ability to straighten out a racetrack so much more than a car plays a role. The arch of a corner from wide outside to inside apex and back out to wide exit is 5-6 feet less in a car.

Traction is so much more in a car but quickness on acceleration and left right transitions is ao incredible on a bike.

russell_bynum
how about the bmw 1000rr with almost 20HP more than the duck and about the same weight?

I think the ability to straighten out a racetrack so much more than a car plays a role. The arch of a corner from wide outside to inside apex and back out to wide exit is 5-6 feet less in a car.

Traction is so much more in a car but quickness on acceleration and left right transitions is ao incredible on a bike.

Yup. Generally, all things being equal, a car can carry more corner speed than a bike. That's why I'm thinking that you put the Ferrari (Good Lord that's a beautiful car!) and the bike on the big track at Willow, and you might get a different result.

I know the manager of BMW motorcycles of San Diego Gary, races on the weekends and cut his fastest lap time on the big track last week of 1m 22s flat...i would like to see the Ferrari on the big track too...not sure it could cut that lap....be fun to try though.

russell_bynum
I know the manager of BMW motorcycles of San Diego Gary, races on the weekends and cut his fastest lap time on the big track last week of 1m 22s flat...i would like to see the Ferrari on the big track too...not sure it could cut that lap....be fun to try though.

If memory serves, one of the Andretti's has the track record at the Big Track. Something like 1:05. But that's in an Indycar. Not sure what the record is for a production car.

Archived