IGNORED

anyone know of an LED modulating taillight for an 1150rt?

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I would like to install a brighter tail light(preferably LED) and have it modulate if possible. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is such a product out there????

Thanks

Hyperlites work well and are affordable. I have them around the tag and no issues at all. This is the first mod I do on every bike. In seven years not one problem. I use three modules with sixteen led's each. one module below the tag, one on each side.

Terry

While they arent LED, have you looked at the Kissan trailblazer? Thats one of the better setups to help be seen IMO. The hyperlites are pretty small.

Go to dealextreme.com and search for brake light modulator. It's cheap but it takes ~ 3 weeks to get to you shipping is free.

A friend of mine has it on his varadero and works just great. And it's adjustable, you can set the # of times it flashes before full brightness ;)

I have Brake from Road Rocketeer. The first time a guy rode my tail, and I tapped the brake, he backed off a hundred feet. Best brake lights out there!

+1

Had three different sets of Hyper-lites. 1st one failed out of the box. The second one lasted about 1k miles. The third set was good for almost 4k miles. The Hyper-Lite folks always gave me good customer service, but their product just didn't stand up to my usage. I've had the P3's now for over 15k miles. They are brighter than the Hyper-lites, and much more robustly manufactured.

watch out for the spinner lights, in Oregon a moving tail light is not legal, flashing is ok.

My vote is for Hyperlights as opposed to replacing the tail light with a different unit because it adds more light sources.

Those are a piece of crap! A friend has them on his Varadero and changed back to filament bulbs.

Dan.

Archived