IGNORED

Motorcycle Lift Table

WURTY

It takes too much effort to lift my bigg A$$ off the floor after bike service. :S

And it's not a new problem either . . . . :wave:

wurtsm.jpg

By null at 2010-11-29

The first of many long days for that particular model of BMW. I have yet to see one stay upright for an entire day. Lawnchair Boy was close, but..................

The first of many long days for that particular model of BMW. I have yet to see one stay upright for an entire day. Lawnchair Boy was close, but..................

The cause of all the failures was the extra weight of the full compliment of the Touratech catalog having been bolted on :rofl:

I see you have towels between the front wheel clamp and the bike. If that is because you are worried about scratching the rims i have a friend who took plasti-dip and put a couple of coats on the inside of the front vise...no more scratches and no more hassles with towels.

Here is a link to the product. I have used it for alot of different waterproofing and rubber coating situations and it is cool.

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Vice was on the table when I got it and the towel works well for the time being.

Remember I have a Vstrom and it looks Fugly new from the factory.

The cause of all the failures was the extra weight of the full compliment of the Touratech catalog having been bolted on :rofl:

Or renegade pinecones.....

Or you could go big and get a 4 post lift like I did. Wrench on 2 motorcycles at a time, work on your cars and pack more toys in your garage!

1112569345_q9qMJ-L.jpg

1058965801_vgfg9-M.jpg

If I had a garage like that I would hire naked women to service my bike

Bet you would be able to draw a good crowd for a tech daze get together!! :thumbsup: However, you would have to have a good wood stove in the shop.

Bet you would be able to draw a good crowd for a tech daze get together!! :thumbsup: However, you would have to have a good wood stove in the shop.

You would also need some mirrors, disco lights and a stripper pole.

Add me to the HF table crew.

But! This time next year I'm scheduled to retire and project bikes will be my hobby. So, I'm looking at these... http://www.derekweaver.com/update/index.aspx

There's an outlet near my house and these tables look nice in person.

So when you get your nice new handy lift...i will be happy to drive waaaayyy out to Tejas to help you get rid og that old piece of junk HF model ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a Kendon Lift (Cruiser Model) and am on the lookout for the extra jack accessory that would allow me to lift the rear wheel once on the lift.

If any of you know where I could pick up a used one or get a good price on a new one, I would appreciate it. Best I can find is a pricey $129. Thanks.

I am not sure it works on a kendon, but at Harbor freight they have a bottle jack for about 10 bucks. It woirks great on my table lift. I just placed it right under the drain plug of the FD.

Or you could go big and get a 4 post lift like I did. Wrench on 2 motorcycles at a time, work on your cars and pack more toys in your garage!

1112569345_q9qMJ-L.jpg

1058965801_vgfg9-M.jpg

The safe in the backgrd.,is that where U keep your SPARE change :grin:

No,I like the idea of a COLD garage with the women in there.No tellin what might pop out :rofl:

I really wanted a full size table lift but when not in use it would have taken up a lot of room in my garage. I had seen where some had sunken their lifts to floor level and thought what a great idea. I purchased a Handy Lift and did just that. The side benefit is these lifts make a great adjustable height work bench for other projects

No doubt that the Handy is the BMW of lifts, but the company sold its assets last summer and filed for bankruptcy. I am not sure if they re-organized and re-opened.

There is a Chinese company that makes a clone of the Handy for about 1/2 the price; Redline Stands sells them.

Because I have 3 cars and 3 bikes in a 2 car garage with a four post Rotary lift, space is a premium and I have been using a Kendon stand up lift. It's light duty and certainly no where close to a Handy, but I only use it a few times a year and it serves the purpose. I do not use my four post for the bikes as the RR and the F8ST do not have center stands, but when doing tire changes or brake work I park the bikes under the four post, attach them to the lift with tie down straps, and suspend the bike a few inches off the ground.

As for HF, they have a 25% off coupon on their website that is good for New Years Day, in case you are considering buying one of their lifts.

"Handy Industries, a Marshalltown manufacturer of professional shop equipment, closed its doors for business on Friday and laid off all of its employees.

At the time of the closing, the decision affected approximately 30 employees, according to information from a former employee who wished to remain anonymous.

Employees left on Friday with paychecks and have been asked to return this week to collect personal belongings, complete documents concerning extended benefits and collect final compensation, according to information released by Kevin Hamernik, a consultant with Hamernik LLC, an Indianapolis-based consulting firm overseeing the administration of the company.

Pressures of the economy impacted Handy's financial performance and despite continued investment in and recapitalization of the company, Handy eventually succumbed to those pressures. Hamernik said the closing was abrupt but necessary before incurring further liabilities to creditors, which could not be met and causing parties further harm.

It is believed that all creditors will be paid some amounts.

Handy Industries was founded in Marshalltown in 1964 by Bud Sieverding, Charlie Lander and two other partners and has provided years of employment for the local market. Prior to closing, the company was listed for sale; however, complexities concerning the acquisition are believed to have stalled sale negotiations.

The closing of the company is now anticipated to provide buyers a cleaner target for acquisition. The company has already been contacted by several buyers and hopes to have a firm deal within days.

There is still a chance that a new company, in some form, could resume operations in Marshalltown.

"If there was an acquisition, certain parties have suggested the possibility of continuing operations in the area," Hamernik said. "There are no commitments at this time."

I am looking at a lift and was wondering if anyone has experience with these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1000-LB-HYDRAULIC-MOTORCYCLE-LIFT-TABLE-JACK-STAND-SHOP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1836a64aQQitemZ120665318986QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

The price is good and they are available for local pick-up.

I am on a serious budget at the moment and this lift looks decent. I know it is narrow but that is ok with me for access.

I need to do a clutch on my BMW and I wanna start my restoration on my YM1 soon. A nice new Handy or Titan would be great or even the top of the line HF model would be ok, but at 400 bucks and up to 1200 I just cant do it right now.

I am just thinking 200 bucks as a starter home garage lift i cant go too wrong and if i ever can afford a nice lift, i could likely sell this one for a few bucks.

A very nice looking lift. The only thing I would worry about is the hydraulic cylinder going south posthaste.

My thinking is that narrow may be good in some circumstances.

I can set 2 anchors to my garage floor in order to stabilize the lift itself. Then 2 tie downs to stabilize the bike and I think it will be plenty stabil.

With it being narrow it will add access to the underside of some projects. I have a nice rolling cart to set tools and parts on so the larger deck area is not that important to me. Stability is my only concern. And if the lift was anchored to the ground I think the lift will be as stabil as any other lift.

Anyone use one of these?

I am just thinking 200 bucks as a starter home garage lift i cant go too wrong and if i ever can afford a nice lift, i could likely sell this one for a few bucks.

Sounds like a good plan ... saving the shipping charge makes the deal hard to beat. And who knows, it might actually fill the bill for many years to come.

My thinking is that narrow may be good in some circumstances.

I can set 2 anchors to my garage floor in order to stabilize the lift itself. Then 2 tie downs to stabilize the bike and I think it will be plenty stabil.

With it being narrow it will add access to the underside of some projects. I have a nice rolling cart to set tools and parts on so the larger deck area is not that important to me. Stability is my only concern. And if the lift was anchored to the ground I think the lift will be as stabil as any other lift.

Anyone use one of these?

Stability was the first thing that came to my mind. I think you have a plan. :thumbsup:

Narrow at the top does not effect stability. The bottom width is important. I notice it is wide at the front but only one point in the center at the rear. Seems you could weld a pipe across the back near the bottom for additional safety and stability.

Archived