IGNORED

Wiring diagram for '04 R1150RT

G-Rex

Ok, from what I've been able to gather, the wiring schematic is separate from the service manual? I have the factory service manual, and there is no wiring diagram.

Really? Why in the #### would the wiring diagram be separate, much less sold separately from the service manual!

GRR

If anybody has a scan of one that they can send me, assuming it's not a copyrighted thing, I would greatly appreciate it. At a minimum, I'd like to see a schematic of the tail assembly, specifically the wire colors for the tail light and the license plate light.

The previous owners have done some very creative wiring that is a rat's next, and I'm removing all of that nonsense and doing what I want done right.

Welcometo the Forum G-Rex, it's good to have new folk around.

I too was pretty unimpressed when I shelled out what I thought was quite a lot of money for my official BMW maintenance CD -which includes a section on electrical - only to find that there was nothing there. Bad form on BMW's part I think.

Ah well.

Andy

that is all i would like is just a schematic, lines and wire colors and what they go to.

Anyone know what the 3 prong connector under the seat is with the cap on it is?

It is a black 3 pin plug that plugs into a blue 3 hole cap that zip tied to the rear fender area behind the fuse block.

Im hoping it is an auxilliary keyed outlet i can use for my heated seat, but i am worried it is some sort of data port for the abs. Any one know?

that is all i would like is just a schematic, lines and wire colors and what they go to.

Anyone know what the 3 prong connector under the seat is with the cap on it is?

It is a black 3 pin plug that plugs into a blue 3 hole cap that zip tied to the rear fender area behind the fuse block.

Im hoping it is an auxilliary keyed outlet i can use for my heated seat, but i am worried it is some sort of data port for the abs. Any one know?

Be carefull what you plug into there, thats the diagnostic output for the ABS & Motronic controllers. Can be used to read / reset some codes.

Archived