IGNORED

Wannbe ???

BlueByU

Ok.I am looking at a 2008 r1200rt.But the M/C doesn't have a

radio/stereo.My question is can it be add on and what would be the cost?The other question is on the rear ends that don't have a drain can one be added?

TIA Bob

adding a radio is possible. Regardless of how the bike was sold, the radio OEM wiring is on all bikes. however generally I find it more cost effective to purchase a good GPS with XM or a portable radio with FM/AM if that is all you want, and run it into audiocomm or similar item and good stereo ear plugs. Generally cheaper and better quality.

Do a google search someone took the rear end off and machined an access hole. There was a write up about it. I could not find the link.

They all have drains - it is just that some are at the back not the bottom so the FD needs to be unbolted and turned through 90° - an easy task.

Andy

Its better to turn the FD 90 degrees even with a bottom drain plug to check the pivot bearing.

BMW doesn't grease the roller bearing in the FD pivot and this chops out the pin (expensive).

Regards

Dave

They all have drains - it is just that some are at the back not the bottom so the FD needs to be unbolted and turned through 90° - an easy task.

Andy

+1 You can drain the FD easily and without issue just as it is.

There are a number of options to add some audio to a non-radio equipped motorcycle. I'm using a J&M "Integratr". It's sort of a radio with an input for AUX, Navigation and some phones. Their are other systems from other companies that do about the same thing, but I cannot remember their names.

Archived