IGNORED

Official January 2006 Death Valley Ride Announcement!!

KMG_365

Just booked at the Longstreet for Thor Anderson and

Jerry Spillman for Fri/Sat/Sun nites. Looking forward to some good weather and good riding.

There are NO ROOMS LEFT!!! frown.gif

That means that all you folks who are still on the fence (and who aren't planning on camping/trailering/RV'ing) might want to grab a roomie or bring your tents! eek.gif

There are around 25 full-hook-up RV/camping sites available as well.

I think this list is accurate as of tonight, but feel free to correct any errors:

Confirmed attendees:

Phil "pdegnan" and Carole (2) (Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

Jamie "KMG_365" and Leslie "Les_is_more" (2) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Greg "flyingreg" (Bakersfield, CA)

Joe "JoeG" (San Francisco, CA)

Todd "graydude" (Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

George "George_LT" and Joan (2) (Lone Pine, CA)

Bill "Tank" (Brookings, OR)

"Stan Walker" and Jan (2) (Simi Valley, CA, but wishing they were in Colorado! tongue.gif )

Nancy "gottago" and Gary (2) (San Clemente, CA)

Tom "SNC 1923" (Bakersfield, CA)

"ArizonaAl" (Mesa, AZ) (the earplug dude!)

Harold (Rim Riders: Somewhere in AZ)

Richard "BeniciaRT" (Benicia, CA--SF Bay area)

"chrisolson" and Cindy (2) (Avondale, AZ)

Howard "PhillyFlash" and "Mystery Guest" (2?) (Scottsdale, AZ)

Roburt "sidetoside" and Kristin (2) (Woodside, CA--SF Bay area)

Nathan "FreightGuy" (Roseville, CA)

Paul "worn_out_shox" and Wendy (2) (Lancaster, CA)

Mat "becmat" (and no Becca? bncry.gif ) (Susanville, CA)

"Bill Walker" (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Bob "1st Shirt" and Sun-joo (2) (Sierra Vista, AZ)

Mike "MikesToy" and friends (5) (Las Vegas, AZ)

"Steve Reinig" (Marysville, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

Bill "A-Red Bill" (Yakima, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

"eskimo" ("down by the river", AZ! grin.gif )

Robert "southerncarider" (Bakersfield, CA)

Steve "steve404" (Monterey, CA)

Steven "BMWRTnewbie" (Sacramento, CA)

Larry "whip" and Louise (2) (San Antonio, TX)

Don "mrduck" and friend (2--not Friday) (So Cal high desert)

John "JB-BMW" and Linda (2) (Phillips Ranch, CA )

"Werner" and friend (2) (Aurora, CO)

Cameron "bmweerman" and Patti (congrats, newlyweds! thumbsup.gif ) (2) (Bakersfield, CA)

"Norah" (SoCal)

Ralph "RET2" (Ramona, CA)

Gian "ElDuche" (San Diego)

Stan "stanf" (Dry Town Crew: Encinitas, CA)

Jack "1MPH" (Phoenix, AZ)

Bob "Killer" (Torrey, UT)

Steve "ashleybiker" (Scottsdale, AZ)

Thor "Traveler1" and Jerry (2) (SF Bay Area, CA)

Russ "RCS" (and S.O.?) (AZ)

John "arizona RT" and ten friends! (11) (Phoenix/Peoria, AZ)

"Dennis Andress" (Riverside, CA)

Bob "Shaman97" and Jackie (2) (near Sacramento, CA)

"JohnK" (Alta Loma, CA)

Greg "ghaverkamp" (SF, CA)

Christiane "CKellner" (North SF Bay Area, CA)

Dane "4rugby" (Rancho Mirage, CA)

Laney (So. Orange County)

(Up to 81! blush.gif )

On the fence: smirk.gif

"Mike O" (and Bernie?? smile.gif ) (2?) (Mile High Crew: Westminster, CO)

"Joel" and Heidi . . . and Team Schnauzer! (2+2) (Mile High Crew: Fort Collins, CO)

Mark "bigmak" (Jefferson and Vader, OR) (the awesome tank bag guy!)

"Gleno" clap.gif (and Terri? thumbsup.gif ) (2?) (Boulder City, NV)

"DouglasR" (Lander, WY) (c'mon, Doug! You know you can figure out a way! thumbsup.gif )

RickP (Silver Spring, MD) (Still working on the logistics!! grin.gifthumbsup.gif )

Bill "RT4Me" and Donna (2) (Sacramento, CA)

Tim "Motor Po-Po" (SoCal--riding sweep in the "slow" group! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif )

Tom "TBoneTom" (Recently relocated to SantaRosa, CA! clap.gif )

"JerryMather" (Tarzana, CA)

Russell "russellw" (Moorpark, CA)

Steve "Steves1150" and Jennifer (2) (Glendora, CA)

Still missing in action: frown.gif

"David Adair" and Mike Disney (2?) (Mile High Crew: Boulder, CO)

Charlie "Cheechoo" and Kathie (2?) (San Francisco Bay area, CA)

"BrianT" (and Meghan?) (2?) (Long Beach, CA)

"russell_bynum" and Lisa "90%_angel" (2?) (Dry Town Crew?: grin.gif Wildomar, CA)

Adam "Patience" (Denver, CO)

Denny "Tool" (and Kris? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew, Bonita, CA)

Larry "LJVillani" (and Marianne? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

"Tom Rice" (Salem, OR)

"Ian 408" (Silicon Valley, CA)

David "Pigdog" (Down-Under Crew: Cairns, Queensland, Australia) (Dude!! You asked for it!! thumbsup.gif )

Brian and Don (friends of Tom "SNC 1923" and "flyingreg" from Bakersfield, CA)

Don (I don't remember your handle or location and you don't post too much, but we had a hell of a time in 2004, and I've got pics to prove it!! grin.gif )

STILL CALLING OUT ALL THE NEWBIES!!! grin.gif

grin.gif

In, with ten friends from Phoenix! thumbsup.gif

Holy Moley!! eek.gif

Good news travels fast! grin.gif

A few questions for you: how many rooms are your group taking and had you gotten rooms before I called yesterday, or are those seven remaining rooms already gone? Also, will all eleven of you be joining us for the reception on Friday night? (tryin' to get a head count for food and drink)

Thanks! clap.gif

Dennis Andress

I'm IN!! It just took me awhile to make that call. I plan on meeting ya'll in SY for breakfast and riding up with you.

See you then

Dennis

Just booked room at the Longstreet and may have gotten one of the very last remaining rooms. If you haven't reserved you might check today.

We already have rooms before your call and we plan to be there Friday.

Great, thanks, John! thumbsup.gif

Ralph, This was an awesome team effort that sort of grew organically out of the original Village Idiots/Airheads DVD ride and some other great folks from this site, especially Phil and the rest of the recon riders! There's been a lot of good discussion, leg-work and refining of the event done behind the scenes to make sure the basic needs are met--but without too much structure to assure an enjoyable time for everyone! thumbsup.gif

Yeah, it looks like this year's ride is going to be a real HOOT!! And I would love to see this as a temporary "fix" for those of our brethren suffering from PMS (Parked motorcycle syndrome)! clap.gif

Dennis and Steve: great news that you can make it! clap.gif

I started my reply and was gone for a few hours in-between (cement truck with 10 yards on board over the side on the bridge exit near the toll plaza! blush.gif ) so I didn't see your responses before I posted above. I'll edit the list above to reflect the new numbers. Thanks for the head's up on the room situation. If I get a chance tonight, I'll call the Longstreet to see if there are any rooms left! dopeslap.gif

Hey Steve! Isn't A-Red-Bill coming with you? confused.gif

Oficially IN!! With wife Jackie.

Just called the Longstreet to make reservations. I asked for the King bed suite - was told they are all sold out. Only rooms left are queen beds on the street side - and only 4 of those are left!! I consider myself fortunate to have called today.

Call them TO-DAYYYYY.

Se y'all there.

Bob

In! no more fence sitting for me. Put most the ducks in a row and I am ready to quack with the rest of you, rain or shine have gear will travel. thumbsup.gif

So who is up for the snow ride? Great scenery from the lowest point in California to some of the most beautiful mountain and valley views covered in snow including the road. RT’s and Adventures do not need no stinking chains no matter what the signs say. LT’s maybe tongue.gifcrazy.gif

Although I attended the Sept Torrey Gathering (with considerable pleasure from meeting several members, experiencing some awesome roads and NOT killing Fernando), I still consider myself a newbie with this group.

So in all fairness to all: be warned, I am coming! thumbsup.gif

WOW!!! It's an avalanche! cool.gif

I've edited the list above and I can't believe there are almost 80 people signed up. clap.gif

Phil and I were wondering if we should even try to reserve the entire place--but now it looks as though the indecisive folks are going to need to start either:

. . . advertizing looking for roomies! eek.gif

. . . bring camping gear!! grin.gif

. . . or an RV and a trailer!! dopeslap.gif

Well, at least you've still got almost seven weeks to work on it!! thumbsup.gif

Wait . . . I've got to wait SEVEN WEEKS to leave for Death Valley?? bncry.gif

( . . . and another one just for Greg: wink.gif )

And I would love to see this as a temporary "fix" for those of our brethren suffering from PMS (Parked motorcycle syndrome)! clap.gif

I have been wondering why I've been so crabby lately. . . . Can't wait to see everyone. Jeez, seven weeks. eek.gif

Well now that the place is booked for rooms we need to start working on the beer and wine list or does someone have a trailer for the bike that can tow some kegs. That Michelob Amber Bock was good last year for the cheep stuff.

What are the options here Jamie and Phil?:P

Well now that the place is booked for rooms we need to start working on the beer and wine list or does someone have a trailer for the bike that can tow some kegs. That Michelob Amber Bock was good last year for the cheep stuff.

Well, I see Arizona Al on the list, and I assume he still tows a trailer, which seems to be near bottomless.

Chances are that Jan and I will trailer our two F650's as I'd rather ride dirt than paved.... smile.gif

Since we tow with an Ford F150 I'm sure we could haul anything needed. We plan to be there for Friday evening.

Stan

Are all the rooms really gone already?? blush.gif

After Thanksgiving, Phil and I will put our heads together and get with the Longstreet to figure out some of the logistics for Friday's reception as well as make sure there's plenty of libations on hand! grin.gif

If you've got specific requests, please feel free to post them in the "Excited Chatter" thread in this forum and we'll see what we can do! thumbsup.gif

Hi, I'm a new member.

I brought my GS 850 with me from Germany. Don't mind my english mistakes ;-)

I'm hungry to ride as much as possible while I'm here until Juni 2006.

So I'm glad to find your Death Valley Announcement. I'm in.

I would like to camp. There are other arround?

Is there anybody who goes some days earlier or stays some days longer? Let me know, that would be nice.

Christiane

Grüß Dich, Christiane und Herzlich Wilkommen an Bord!

Leslie and I are riding out on Friday but we are staying only until Monday (leaving for home Monday) as I have to be back at work Tuesday. If you are anywhere near San Diego (CA is a big place as you've noticed! grin.gif ), you're welcome to ride out with our group. Otherwise, perhaps someone will chime in here and offer you some riding company or suggestions of things to see.

I don't know of anyone else who's tent-camping so far, though a few are going to trailer/RV camp with you. I have no idea if some of those who are "IN!" above might be tent-camping, but you're right close by on the other side of the little lagoon, so you won't be too far or too alone! smile.gif

I don't know if you're here on business or pleasure, but if you have time to come down to San Diego we'd be happy to give you a tour of the local mountains. We don't have dirt bikes, but we could at least get you to the trail-heads and point you in the right direction! grin.gif

Tschüß!

Hi Jamie

thanks for answering so quick an even in German blush.gif

I'm leaving in San Anselmo. After 20 yaer working. I'm enjoying to study again. clap.gif So I have the nice side of being a student. I'll have vacation from Dez 8 until the Ende of January to confused.gif bike...bike..bike....

I'm thinking to go Nr. 1 South. Let's see if I can meet you and Leslie. That would be great. But the weather.... today crazy.gif rain...rain...

I would like to have compamy. If there ist anybody arround who has the same gift of plenty time ... let's bike together.

Christiane

To clarify for both of you, San Anselmo is in Marin County. Definitely Northern California (north of San Francisco). Two or more days' ride from San Diego if you take "interesting" roads. You can do it in one day if you take the slab.

I grew up in Marin County. Does it show? grin.gif

To clarify for both of you, San Anselmo is in Marin County. Definitely Northern California (north of San Francisco). Two or more days' ride from San Diego if you take "interesting" roads. You can do it in one day if you take the slab.

You can do it in just over 1/3 of a day by slab.

I am officially out, but for a very good reason.

My son, Cole, is turning 8 on 12/29 and will be baptized the weekend of the gathering.

I hope everyone has a good time and I will see you all next May in Torrey.

Well at least you've got a good reason--congrats! smile.gif

Still, we'll miss you at the gathering, but don't worry, we won't talk about you too much! smirk.gif

You can do it in just over 1/3 of a day by slab.

Yeah, true (1/3 day being 8 hours). It's 515 miles. Might require some extra-legal speeds (who, us? Never! grin.gif) and/or an auxiliary tank, along with some luck getting through LA. Personally, not being IBA-inclined, I'd call that a pretty full day.

You can ride all the way to Washington on some pretty interesting roads in one day. That is, if you don't stop every 30 minutes. And you don't have to ride like a maniac neither to do it. thumbsup.gif
Dang - Sun-joo and I were looking forward to seeing you again. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif But, I promise not to let them talk toooooo bad about you. thumbsup.gif

I do wish I could make it, but family calls.

If you guys need any help on juicy topics to slam me with, let me know and I am sure I can come up with some to get the slanderous talk flowing. thumbsup.gifconfused.gifdopeslap.gif

Have a good time.

If you guys need any help on juicy topics to slam me with, let me know and I am sure I can come up with some to get the slanderous talk flowing.

That would take all the fun out of it because then it would probably be true. We tell the true stuff in front of you and save all the made up stuff for when your not there. That way you can't refute it!!!

Still owe you one - two, maybe even three!

P.S. Hey moderators - isn't this type of stuff supposed to be over on the DVD Chatter thread? HA!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Much to my sadness, Victor Beard (Hard Rider) will not be joining us.

This Sad Thread explains the news of his untimely and early departure from us.

I am so sad to hear of this and wish his family the best in horrible times for them.

Andy, if or when you (or anyone else) cancels at the Longstreet, could you post here?

They're full, but aren't taking a waiting list. frown.gif

Thank you smile.gif

I have my usual room mate, but I ain't sayin nothin til he does. That is, at least he said he made the reservations. He's not on the confirmed list yet, but he better be. wink.gif

Another newbie in! Since there's no more rooms at the inn, I'll bring a tent. If anyboy coming from Vegas area wants riding company, PM me.

And if there's anyone from the northcountry that wants to fly into Vegas, I've got a spare RT I'll loan to a qualified rider....

And if there's anyone from the northcountry that wants to fly into Vegas, I've got a spare RT I'll loan to a qualified rider....

WOW!!!!!!! That's a generous offer!! cool.gif

Ooooooooooh--I see somebody got a new bike!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

And how is it that you're a newbie?? It looks like you've been on the DB since the beginning! Will this really be your first gathering with other riders from this DB?? eek.gif

Well, I'm no longer MIA.

But I'm afraid I'm out.

Started a new job yesterday at the community college and was waiting to see if I could get that day off. It is the first week back for the spring semester. The new boss already has me scheduled for stuff Thursday and Friday. frown.gif

Particularly painful since a small gas station incident in Reno prevented me from making the recon ride as wellcrazy.gif. However, teaching now means I will be off during the summer for "Un 2006" so I hope to see you all there.

And how is it that you're a newbie?? It looks like you've been on the DB since the beginning! Will this really be your first gathering with other riders from this DB?? eek.gif

It's true - never been to a gathering. But I'm looking forward to it.

Jonathan, sorry to hear you won't make it, glad to know you've got a new job!

Did you cancel your reservation at the Longstreet already _ I know there are a couple folks looking for rooms.

All:

Spokw with the Longstreet Friday, and for those of you still trying to make reservations I am sorry that they seem to be so confused - even though we have apparently had a cancellation or two, they still seem to think they are sold out. They won't start a waiting list, and as Jamie and I have discussed, we are also reluctant to do so, as I would not want to be the reason someone showed up expecting a room if they actually are full.

I am waiting for a call from Joe, the manager, today, to discuss the reservation issue to see if I can get an accurate count and list, which I will then post for all to see.

In addition, I am going to start discussions with him about our arrival get-together, to make sure he's got decent beverages available, and to get him to put together a cost-efective spread for us. His current pricing would cost us around a grand, it looks like to me, which is just a tad bit higher than the $75 we spent last year dopeslap.gif

If I can get him to do something for about $5 a head (without any beverages - you are on your own) that's what I am going to go for. Bringing our own food is a possibility, but we'd either have to rent his upstairs room and a bartender to do that, or take it out on the patio, and I think it would be a mite chilly for that. Any other suggestions, please send them along, either here or a PM.

39 days to go! clap.gif

Phil,

Don’t sweat it if Joe does not want to cut a deal on the food for Friday night, if we have all the rooms booked then he will understand the power of the dollar if we eat elsewhere and buy our beverages somewhere else. If this place turns out to be only a one gathering stop then we will find a better place for 2007.

Nothing quite like Joe having his staff in place with very few folks to serve. No business is obligated to appreciate our business.

And so what, even if we do not eat as large group Friday night we can always consume beverages in Arizona Al’s room as he makes us some ear plugs and sets off the Fire Alarm. ooo.gif

John..

Most of the Longstreet's restaurant and bar business is local. Amargosa Valley doesn't have any other places to eat or drink. Please don't pre-judge what will happen while we are there.

I don't have any connection with the Longstreet other than staying there in my 5th wheel last new years eve and eating in the restaurant many times. I have some friends from WY who have property and winter (with their horses and one motorcycle)in the valley. He will be joining some of us on the Saturday ride.

See you in DV clap.gif

Mike

Mike,

That post is not meant necessarily to prejudge Longstreet. We get spoiled as a group; with the way some establishments go way beyond standard hospitality to welcome us. The Exchange club last year went out of its way to make us feel welcomed and expressed many times how they appreciated us staying their. In Torrey the Chuck Wagon makes us always feel as if we are visiting family that happens to also have a Hotel.

That post should have been sent as a PM maybe. My main message to Phil was do not sweat it regarding the Longstreet, we will enjoy our stay with or without a welcome dinner thumbsup.gif

John...

No problem. I certainly agree with you about the way the Chuck Wagon treats us. I just wanted to make sure folks didn't think the Longstreet is quite as mercenary as some of our Las Vegas hotels blush.gif

Archived