IGNORED

Unrally X finances - treasurer?

Bob Palin

It just occurred to me that I don't know which Paypal account to hook the registration page up to - I will need access to the account to create the buttons.

Do you have a treasurer? If not I would be happy to volunteer for that role, I have done it for numerous organizations in the past including 10 years for a 600 player soccer league. If I was the treasurer I could use my company Paypal account for registration and financial statements would always be available on a password protected part of the Unrally site. Happy to write and mail checks for anything we need.

p.s. I'm Mr Straight Arrow when it comes to money, I'm sure Whip and Leslie will vouch for me and I can probably get a reference from the soccer league president if you want it.

Looking at last year's registration I find that we didn't provide any clickable way to pay, just gave an email address to send paypal to and a mailing address for checks. That seems a bit primitive since we can easily make a Paypal checkout...

I don't need access to the Paypal account after all as I can't create a button with a variable payment amount, just a form that submits the payment info to Paypal. I haven't made that form for this event yet but I already have it on another event (Captiol Reef Classic bike race) so it won't be hard to do.

Archived