IGNORED

Why No GS talk here?

tonyla

I just traded in my LT for a GS. I know I know- thatsjust weird.

I was wondering why no GS talk or information on this forum?

Thanks

Tony

Ouch! Danny, that's mean. Besides Twisties just broke his leg; his wife however, had her ride ruined. :cry:

My apologies. Didn't mean to be mean. ( Maybe it's the Bama loss coming out in me. How do I say Go Frogs & mean it? :grin: )

As for your ride, I totally would have encouraged The Wife to keep riding. But that's just me.

You can sport tour on a GS? Who'da thunk it? Pretty sure we don't have any members with GS's here.

Does that mean I have to resign?

Heck,even rode the thing to Torrey last year and was

not turned away.

It's actually the best sport touring BMW I have owned:thumbsup:

JR356

05 R1200GS

You can sport tour on a GS? Who'da thunk it? Pretty sure we don't have any members with GS's here.

Does that mean I have to resign?

JR356

05 R1200GS

No, you don't have to, but only if you can't deal with smokin' the RT's in the twisties. And then there's the K bikes. They can be had, too. Just ask 2bmwfan.

i have seen alot of post involving GS riders and i see alot of them in signature lines....i think that the GS fit the "sport tourer" catagory overall. But i also think that the GS opens up the Adventure Tourer catagory. Leaving us LOWLY R/Rs/RT and maybe GT/ST/S guys in need of a website like this one....

Go AWAY GS/GSA owners before i turn green with envy....;)

i have seen alot of post involving GS riders and i see alot of them in signature lines....i think that the GS fit the "sport tourer" catagory overall. But i also think that the GS opens up the Adventure Tourer catagory. Leaving us LOWLY R/Rs/RT and maybe GT/ST/S guys in need of a website like this one....

Go AWAY GS/GSA owners before i turn green with envy....;)

Lowly RT? Really?

Bring it on!!! :Cool:

Because the engines/transmissions are common, there is quite a bit of GS-relevant talk on this board.

The good ride section is open to all as are many others.

However, if you want to read a 30-page thread on which are the strongest, meanest or coolest GS-specific metal panniers or which are the best dual-purpose tyres or the best off-road oil, then advrider is definitely the place to go.

I wonder whether the moderators here will open a forum for K1600 sport-touring riders or leave it to the former 4-cylinder - including LT - specific forums.

I used to ride RTs. Now I ride a 1200GS. I still do the same type of riding, no off roading, just the odd gravel road. So, I still feel at home here, besides engine etc are the same. And I hang around ADV as well, different style but certainly the same enthusiasm for riding.

One thing about the GS, you dont have to polish and fuss over cleaning that much, dirt suits it! :-)

I used to ride RTs. Now I ride a 1200GS. I still do the same type of riding, no off roading, just the odd gravel road. So, I still feel at home here, besides engine etc are the same. And I hang around ADV as well, different style but certainly the same enthusiasm for riding.

One thing about the GS, you dont have to polish and fuss over cleaning that much, dirt suits it! :-)

Even fall-overs suit it better - DAMHIK!

Wot's a GS??

Girls' Scooter

For that matter: wot's an LT !!!!???

a rank just belwo Cpt.

:rofl:

Shouldn't this be moved to the texting thread?

:D My RT is lowly...old, scratched, kinda ugly....but i love it for now, until i can afford a new GSA

Just for the OP...in the oilheads thread i see alot of GS info

Well what do you know, there are other GS riders here! Seriously

I also lurk about Adv Rider. This is clearly a more mature and concise board, please don't take offense, it is only my opinion.

The reason why I asked was I had an RT and loved it but was time for a change so I bought an LT. Very comfortable but it really didn't need me, Just start her up and I could take a nap, it did everything but make popcorn. Then I figured let me test drive a GS. No radio, no cruise,no cup holder, Hey I'm riding a bike again. I still make the same commute (80 miles daily) I have been really enjoying it. The tires are more street then off road so there is no vibration (not true there is a little over 90).but it is fun to see a dirt road and take it. I have also found that being much more nimble is a real treat. I personally have never seen more then two or three bikes I thought "Not for me" so each his own. I guess what I am taking the long way around trying to say is If Adv rider has a very large GS contingent then maybe ST should consider a place for us. would be happy to help with it as well.

I love all the replies

I had a GS once but sold it to someone who wanted to stand on the pegs and not sit on the seat like a real touring bike.

Actually the site is missed named . There only two BMW ST's 1200ST with funny headlights and F800ST with it's little wimpy upright two banger engine.

All the rest are big portly gentleman's' perches that go fast and long and still go around corners well enough to scape pegs. So they just call them ST's.

Who woulda thunk it?

Took my 1150GS to the rally in OR over the summer looking for my next bike only to return on my next bike...the same one and loving it more with each ride.

Archived