IGNORED

New Member Intro.....and I'm a girl!!!

3bmwfan

This Board is great at helping lighten what must be a very heavy weight on the family. An ill child is tough, an ill infant makes it tougher and an unknown cause...well, we all know. My heart goes out to all of you. The first time you are tempted to ground her (and that time will come) dig out this thread and read it with her.

The weight just got a bit heavier, unfortunately.

The barium enema showed some problem. Next up is a visual scoping of the intestine in conjunction with intestinal biopsy.

Just askin', would you mind kicking it up a notch with the prayers, thoughts, energy, etc?

They say that the heavy loads are only given to those who can handle it. You would have thought that my ALS scare was heavy enough for Jamie and I to carry. Obviously, that must have been training for this one.

I'll keep you up to date as best as I can over the next few days.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Just askin', would you mind kicking it up a notch with the prayers, thoughts, energy, etc?

Done and ongoing

comstockrider

Phil, Jamie, and Amelia,

I'm in on this on the late side. First and foremost. Congrats on a beautiful daughter. My first born was my daughter. A very special relationship, to say the least. A year and half later, my wife and I were blessed with twin boys. And they were 7 wks premee's. So, I kinda know where your coming from. Curt spent 4 weeks in ICU in Shrevport, La... We lived in Nacogdoches, Txs at the time. Long story short, they are all grown adults now and doing great.

Like you said, God will not put on us what we can't handle. We sometimes wounder at His ressoning, but He is always there to care for us, and to carry us when we can't walk.

God bless you all. Add our prayers to the growing support you have. Keep the faith, brother.

Always,

Amelia, Jamie and Phil,

Keep your spirits and energy and attitude up as much as you can, we will send you all the positive vibes we can, and the medical professionals will do their part.

Amelia, you have been here a short time, but you have shown yourself to be a fighter, keep it up and help your parents get through this.

Glenn

The weight just got a bit heavier, unfortunately.

The barium enema showed some problem. Next up is a visual scoping of the intestine in conjunction with intestinal biopsy.

They say that the heavy loads are only given to those who can handle it. You would have thought that my ALS scare was heavy enough for Jamie and I to carry. Obviously, that must have been training for this one.

I'll keep you up to date as best as I can over the next few days.

Prayers on the way.

That is an adorable child and her story puts what is important in life into a proper perspective.

+ + + + + Hopefully she is fully functional and on her way home with Mom and Dad soon. Thanks for the update, she looks fabulous.

Thoughts and prayers from a Dad who has been there. Our first child had a rare from of childhood cancer (she is now a healthy 16 year old) and my second child suffers from microcephaly and is disabled. We have spent a lot of time in hospitals but there is not a price that can be paid for the joy they bring to our lives. Good luck!

Dear Phil, Jamie, and Amelia,

My wife just does not like motorcycles. I have given her many reasons over the years to hate them, alot of injuries and alot of money spent on them, so I have thrown fuel on her fire.

I often will read something funny or interesting on one of my many motorcycle websites I visit. I will share some of the threads with her and her usual response is nonchalant or even irritated that I am wasting her time with motorcycle related drivel.

I wanted you to know that even though I read her your story from a motorcycle website, she asks me everyday for an update on baby Amelia. We pray as a family for the 3 of you. Your story has touched my family.

Keep us posted and best wishes.

New Friends

Kelly Mac.

P.S. My wife Lorena is an RN and has worked in peds before. If you ever have questions that your docs wont answer or dont answer clearly, feel free to PM us and she will do her best to clarify your questions.

Thanks again everyone!!!

The next series of tests have been completed. We await results. They will take up to 3 days to get them.

Today is day 98. We prepare for more challenges ahead based on the unconfirmed diagnose we currently have. Amelia, however, is quite amazing in her strength, resiliency, and ability to carry her Mom and Dad on a daily basis. She is also teaching us many things.

A good analogy I want to share with you about this journey....

When we got pregnant it was as if we had just booked our dream trip to Europe for a lengthy motorcycle journey. After boarding the flight and taking off the Captain came over the intercom and told us that we had to change flight plans and land in Iceland instead. Once there, we would not be able to leave the country.

At first arrival, we were quit upset. We tried to get a flight to Europe so we could continue on our original trip. Afterall, it was the trip of a lifetime!!!!!! Eveything we did, everyone we called, everything we tried failed. We were stuck in Iceland.

Now, 98 days in to this, I'm glad we ending up in Iceland. Do you have any idea how amazing a country this is?????? Wow!!! Never in a lifetime do I think we will be able to learn, lavish in, take in all there is to see, do, ride, etc.

Iceland is a trip of a lifetime!!!!! I'm glad we got on the plane!

When my wife was pregnant with our firstborn (just turned 20 in November), we decided to attend a parenting class. One of the few things I remember from that class was "frustration is the result when expectations and reality don't match."

Our options at that point are to continue to be frustrated, change our expectations, or change reality. Or any combination of the latter two.

Sounds like you were definitely frustrated, and have managed to align your expectations to the wonderful reality of Finland/Amelia.

Continued best wishes for all three of you.

Thanks again everyone!

The next series of tests have been completed. We await results. They will take up to 3 days to get them.

And we are here with you, Amelia, in thoughts and prayers

OK, so here we go....

The results from the last series of test are in. Little Miss A. came back with positive test results on her biopsy and THAT IS A GREAT THING!!!!

They preliminary diagnosis had come around to being Hirschspung's Disease.

After all the tests, this is NOT the case. Trust me, you all have no idea how agonizing this last week and a half has been! But, just as in my ALS incident from two years ago the outcome was not the worst case scenario. Now, BMW still not having paid me for my GT, THAT is worst case scenario!!!! :mad:

Jamie, I, and the nursing staff have been working feverishly to rule out this, check that, investigate the other, try this....woah, that worked....the whole time.

We are working on something and, to date, it has made a 180 degree turn around with her. It appears that, for a reason we are working on identifying, little Miss A. is ingesting a bunch of air with her feedings. For an idea of what we are dealing with picture this; 60cc of fluid volume ingested with up to 140cc of air along with it. No wonder she was cranky, in pain, gassy, distended, and not able to eat properly!!! Let alone, not able to poop like she should.

Amelia has a special test next Wednesday to help determine what is going on here. It is very benign and non-invasive. Between now and then, we will be working on techniques to reduce this air ingestion, determine any mechanics that are contributing, etc. and keep her moving along. What we have in place is working wonders at keeping her air on the outside of her and boy does it show! She is happy, content, playful, and keeps saying that she is no longer going to keep waiting on Richard to get ready to go ride.

As of today, Amelia is 101 days old!!!! She also is now over 8 pounds in weight as of 2 nights ago.

I really want to openly thank everyone here for the unbelievable level of support you have shown us. Phone calls, little gifts in the mail, emails, PMs, thoughts, prayers, and all other manner of things that have brightened our days, gotten us through some very dark ones, and carried us to the next minute, hour, and day when we didn't have it in us to carry ourselves.

This place is our family. Now, whose ring do I need to kiss so that they'll send someone over to BMW in New Jersey to get them to pay me for my GT? Whip, I'll be there by noon to pay homage so that you can have your boys take care of a little something for me! :thumbsup:

Oh, and for the first time, we have started to entertain the idea that our little daredevil my be coming home soon! WooHoo! Party time!

Phil, My wife and I are just exstatic at this great news. A problem with sucking and sucking air is very common with premie's. It sounds like she just has an extreme case of this which is something she WILL out grow eventually.

Great NEWS, thanks for the update. I have had a rough couple of days, so this brightened our day.

Keep up the good work Mom and Dad, and nice job Amelia aka 3bmwfan.

1 & 2,

Wonderful news about #3.

:clap:

I was only 6-7 weeks premature and I turned out,

well, you know...

:grin:

She will be home soon and bringing even more joy and sunshine into your lives.

Best wishes.

Tim & Beth

CoarsegoldKid

Oh, and for the first time, we have started to entertain the idea that our little daredevil my be coming home soon!

Great news indeed. We are happy for you, Jamie and Miss A.

WooHoo! Party time!

you're gonna need a bigger house for this family

• 5 weeks later...
This is GREAT news, ya'll. Our prayer and thoughts continue. I hope the next up date is - - - HOME AT LAST ! ! ! :lurk:

Your hope is answered!

HERE!!

Thank you all. :) :)

Dang that's a heck of a trail. Glad you all got good sets of Wilbers. I thought it was rough when my youngest was born in the bathtub without any help from folks who know.

Beautiful kid!

Archived