IGNORED

New Member Intro.....and I'm a girl!!!

3bmwfan

Cograts Phil and jamie

Yeah they told me and the wife we would never have kids, 2 in college and one in high school now. nature and the body are awesome.

Welcome Amelia

What a great name.

All my best to you guys. Keep us posted.

Miguel

:clap:Congratulations Jamie and Phil! I think this means that little Amelia will be fast off the line! You'd better start saving for all those tires, now!

h O L Y c R A P.!!

Oh my my my...Amelia Grace you are gonna be SOMETHIN'.!!

My prayers will go up to you and your family immediately.

Can't wait to meet you, AG.

wow - just WOW.!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Welcome Amelia and congrats mom and dad!

A couple of basics. Please use the search feature before asking any questions, particularly about tires or oil. And be very careful about which forum you post to. The Hex head folks are particularly fussy about anything not specifically related to Hex heads darkeing their forum. :)

Welcome, Amelia. Rest up now and enjoy your time at the "spa." You'll be home helping dad do TB Syncs in no time.

Congratulations to a couple of very special and deserving parents.

Welcome to the board Amelia. Can't wait to meet you at Torrey. How about Spring Torrey for your first meet and greet. You can ride to the top of Boulder Mountain like Steven did when he was just a pup.

You are in for some fun times.

I'm keeping you in my prayers and look forward to meeting you soon.

Congrats. My first daughter was born a similar weight, 7 weeks early! These preemies just can't wait to get out into the world!

-MKL

Welcome Amelia!

Yes you will always be Daddy's girl, just remember with this great power comes great responsibility, you will forever own his heart strings so be gentle with him.

Jaime and Phil,

Yeah...I got the order right! Congratulations and welcome Amelia! She's a Honda girl, I can tell! Look how red she is. Yep, she's got Honda red in her right from the start.

Todd

P.S. Phil, the girl is trying to tell you something, like get a Honda! :)

Jamie and I are in Sacramento and got to go visit Amelia Grace and her Mom and Dad today.

Seeing her, so perfect and tiny was marvelous. Holding her beautiful little hand was even better. Holding my hand above her sweet little heart and feeling the strength of her spirit was priceless.

She's going to move mountains!

OK, really!?!?!?!?!?!

My daughter jumps on this here board with her big and grand entrance and then, not 3 days later, she makes her first TV news appearance.

Good grief, Amelia!!!!!!!

She was a back drop for the local news story on preemies and the annual preemie reunion today at Sutter Roseville Med. Center.

I have to say, jaded Dad and all, she was fantastic! Hit all her marks just right.

:)

We had premee twins. They were a month 2 soon. The NIC unit was awesome. They lady's there took care of the babies like they were their own. Awesome post!!! Two thumps up!!!

Wow, it's been 4 days since I got on here and I am overwhelmed by the support and welcome! Mom and Dad really were right.

Mom is so happy and sad today. See, she gets to go home so she's happy. I have to stay here so she's sad.

It's been really cool here though. Remember how I told you it was a spa here. WOW!!! It really is. The cool nurses even brought me my very own personal tanning bed. I'll get Dad to post some pics later. I looked so fab in my tanning shades. :)

I even got to be on TV. I didn't really get it and was shy so I let Mom do the talking for me. I hung out in my baby condo with my tanning lights. The local TV station was doing a cool story on preemies and the Sutter Roseville Med Center NICU and the annual reunion that was taking place. One of the news segments led off with a picture of me and they started their first line of the segment by saying my name. Cool!!!!!

Dad is convinced that it is just part of my journey that is going to go along with my namesake, Amelia Earhart.

Learned some cool trivia about Amelia Earhart and my name I thought everyone would like to hear. Amelia (my first name) Earhart had a sister. Guess what her name was? Give up? OK, it was Grace (my middle name).

The best part so far was when Dad got to change my diaper last night and I went ahead an peed just as he got the old diaper off. It was so fun to watch his face as I peed on the sheets. Hee Hee!!!

And the other best part was definitely where Mom got to hold me against her chest last night as well. I just got up close to her, heard her heart beat and just snuggled close and started cooing. I felt so comfy there. I can't wait to do it again!!!!

I hope the mods, I think that is what Mom and Dad called them, don't mind me updating things like this here. It's just that I can't figure out how to lift the motorcycle keys from Dad yet.....let alone I haven't found the door latch to my condo yet. YET!!!!! You just wait.

I guess my math scores are really looking good according to Paula, one of my groovy cool NICU nurses. My blood pressure, whatever that is, CO2, O2, and all these tough math numbers are improving all the time she says. Dad says I really need my math to be good. He says he uses it everyday as an Fire Engineer and I'll need it no matter what I decide to do later in life he says.

Anyway, I'm gonna go hang for a while and store up some more pee for when Dad changes me again. He really does love it!!!!!

I'll have Dad put some pics up later.

Life's Great, Participate!!!!!

Amelia,

Your Dad is really lucky you are a girl and not a boy, given your proclivity for "surprises" for him during diaper changing. :grin:

You go girl! :thumbsup:

Amelia,

Your Dad is really lucky you are a girl and not a boy, given your proclivity for "surprises" for him during diaper changing. :grin:

Just another leaky final drive to deal with!

Amelia,

Just another leaky final drive to deal with!

Phil - you certainly have a way with words! :rofl:

Congratulations to you and Jamie! Ameilia has been blessed to have you two as her parents!

I hope the mods, I think that is what Mom and Dad called them, don't mind me updating things like this here. It's just that I can't figure out how to lift the motorcycle keys from Dad yet.....let alone I haven't found the door latch to my condo yet. YET!!!!! You just wait.

Amelia, Keys or no, you just keep the updates coming!

Survived-til-now

Hey - I just had a thought, you'd better register "4bmwfan" et sequence before someone else nabs it :grin:

Best not to mention it to the other half though, not yet, too early :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, it's been a while since Amelia has updated us. She asked me to handle it for a quick update since her fan club has been inquiring.

She's 3 weeks old today. She is 3lbs, 5oz. Her both weight was 3lbs, 6oz and she dropped to 2lbs, 13oz but is now trending up.

She is completely unhooked from everything except her heart monitor and reputations monitor. She still feeds through an NG tube for now.

Holy Toledo!!!!!!! I'm going to go broke with her hair dresser. She has A LOT of hair on that head!!!!

Wenhad such a fantastic and unexpected visitor this evening. Dave the Affable was in town and had this amazing and compeling God driven urge to hunt Jamie and I down so he could hang with us. A great story I'll share later. Dave, thank you! Your visit was exactly what we needed.

Jamie and I are living in the RV loaned to us by my Battalion Chief. That is saving us 100 miles of driving every day.

She is making strides daily. We have no expected discharge date at this point. Amelia has a lot of things to accomplish before she comes home so we are taking it one day at a time.

Thanks for everyome's kind words, thoughts, prayers, and visits. We so appreciate them all!!!!

More later once Amelia wakes up from her foot scrub.

Repuation monitor? What are you trying to say? LOL!!!! Gotta love trying to do an update on your iPhone! What an amazing little peanut we have. Thank you for being such a great daddy to her and husband to me. We love you so much. I couldn't do this without you.

:clap::clap:

Congratulations to all three of you.

Never read an intro like that, well done. Had me fooled for the first few paragraphs!

Best wishes to all.

DaveTheAffable
We had such a fantastic and unexpected visitor this evening. Dave the Affable was in town and had this amazing and compeling God driven urge to hunt Jamie and I down so he could hang with us. A great story I'll share later. Dave, thank you! Your visit was exactly what we needed.

It was I who was honored, and the thanks go to the "Great Physician".

I spent a week in the SF Bay area visiting customers, and the brightest lights I saw all week, were the ones that shone in the eyes of Phil and Jamie as they tended to Amelia in the NICU.

Archived