IGNORED

8th Annual Atlanta Tech Daze - Oct. 30

Chris K

We will be hosting our annual ATL Tech Daze on Saturday October 30.

Same great time but at a new location. This year Joel is letting us invade his business that has even more indoor space than my place! Also Marty has been complaining about how early he has to get up to ride all the way to Oxford.

The new address is:

Sticky Business

4140 Bonsal Road

Conley, GA 30288

Doors open at 7:45 AM

Coffee and donuts will be ready by 8.

Lunch will also be served.

Tech Day is rain or shine as we have plenty of covered space for the bikes.

RSVP by posting here or sending me a PM.

Have made it halfway with the Jax gang turning around at lunch. Will ride the whole way this year. I've been told the lunch is worthy so count me in.

Bill

Shawn and Alan, got you a room at the Park Dr Motor Inn for Friday night.

Selden, you will be missed but that looks like a fun ride!

Bernie, It will be good to see you. How many of the group you are starting out with will make it here??!!

Chris, sorry you can't make it. We'll have to catch up at BRR!

Rich, as long as you can make it for lunch you are on time.

No problem Tim, we have just the place in mind! Your own roll up door and everything.

Matt, we do whizzy and non-whizzy brakes. But since this is a family event it is BYO Dot 4.

Hey Chris, will the Cooley bike be making an appearance? ;) You should do a little write up on that thing. :thumbsup:

BTW, I never could find a clean one.

Pat

Sadly the Cooley bike has been neglected the last 2 years. It is second on my project list after a new deck this winter.

Saw a beauty up at Indy last month but it was not for sale.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be attending for the first time this year. I have to get to know my bike better so I can work on both of our bikes now that Lynne has GS also.

Not sure I'll have any work to do, but I can watch, hand people wrenches, etc. if that's OK. If I'm not actually working on my own bike, can I still come...I'll still bring my own DOT4. :D

We have a work/social event that night here in BHM, but I'm going to try and come over for the day anyway.

I'm hoping to ride down for this event. As an excuse (as though I needed one) I have some metal gas line quick disconnects to install and would also like to perhaps learn some of the finer points of TBS.

I'll know better whether I can make it after this week ends. Of course, one never knows about the weather, but then we rarely have freezing precip between here and there that early.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Sticky Business. I had a Buell Blast lined up for a young lady who needed some wrenching assistance but someone stole it last week so nevermind! Anyways PM me if I can be of assistance.

Christopher, you are always welcome. With or without your Dot 4!

Craig, will be glad to work with you, we even have a manometer for those who want to get the TB sync perfect.

Steve, see you there!

I think I might get my valves/oil done before then and focus on replacing a final drive seal and doing some tires after the brake flush

Craig, will be glad to work with you, we even have a manometer for those who want to get the TB sync perfect.
As I indicated in PM, I'll be dere! Thanks for the offer of the room, but there'll absolutely be no spooning whatsoever! :eek::rofl:

Aside from replacing the fuel quick disconnects, I'd like to:

• replace fuel filter ('04 1150RT)
  • replace front & rear brake pads.

I believe I have all the parts I need. Anyone want to help me out and PM me a list, that would be much appreciated.

Lone_RT_rider
I am out. :(

That sucks Bernie. :( I always enjoy wrenching with you at the ATL tech day. Hopefully next time? Maybe see you in Cedar Key?

Shawn

I should not have yelled "In" too early, there is always something getting in between. :(

I always look forward to the ATL Tech Day.

At least I was able to break in my new rotors at the BRR. :/

Bernie, you will be missed! Sorry you can't make it.

Here is the list of who I have attending. Let me know if I have missed anyone.

Also, I will be going to ATL BMW on Saturday morning to pick up some supplies. Send me a PM or e-mail if you need me to pick up any supplies for you.

ATL 2010 TECH DAY

Chris K – Chris

randy – Randy

Slumgullion – Joel

Highway41 – Bill

Lone_RT_rider – Shawn (with coffee)

Foot – Alan

Matts_VSTROM – Matt

Marty Hill – Marty

JerryG – Jerry & Lynne

TyTass – Craig

MNTOR – John

Ids_OK – Christopher

Kraynak – Steve (possibly in the afternoon)

I'm sure Mssrs. Kinney and Insley could give you all the offroad seminar you need!

Also demo rides in the woods with a G450X which for some reason sounds like fun,maybe I just miss my dirtbike.

Lone_RT_rider
I plan on being there.

Oh hell, there goes the neighborhood. :/

I have a peg lowering kit that I am going to give a try at installing. I would like to change the brake fluid, but I FAILED to get the speed bleeders I need to make that happen. Anyone know of a local vender in the ATL area? If so, anyone willing to pick those up for me if I pay for them? LOL.

Shawn

if anyone needs tire changed I am happy to bring the changer. However if no-one is bringing tires, I will leave the equipment at home and for the first time time in 8 years (10 events) actually ride to the event.

Chris,

Lynne will not be able to attend on Saturday. She has been asked to fill in for a volunteer to help out at a function this Saturday. I will still be there.

Randy,

I was not sure if I was going to get my tire before Friday but it came today. I would like to change my front tire on Saturday. If you don't want to bring your machine just let me know.

Jerry

tire changer will be there. give you a good chance to learn how to do it, and going forward you can just drop ship to my house and come over any time to install them.

Archived