IGNORED

05 R1200RT vs. 06 R1200RT

Tucker2930

Yes. They are minor.

To engage the emergency signals, you press simultaneously on the left and right turn signal buttons. There is no round red button for that purpose any more.

The ambient temperature on the '06's Bordcomputer is accurate. On the '05 it read from 5° to 10° degrees too cold.

The pricing is pretty much a la carte in order to lower the base MSRP. For example, heated grips and cruise control are no longer standard, but are options. I think the license plate bracket is still standard smile.gif

There may be other changes I am not aware of, but they would also be pretty minor.

The ambient temperature on the '06's Bordcomputer is accurate. On the '05 it read from 5° to 10° degrees too cold.

So is this an admission that the '05 ambient temperature reading is flawed and eligible for repair as a warranty item? smirk.gif

I am not holding out any hope for the oil level sensor <!> but it would be nice if the temp gauge worked. frown.gif

Yes.

Surely it's just the sensor thats inaccurate or could it be more complicated?

Archived